Drift HD

Cheers =D Thats a wicked video gonna watch more later but i think i'm settled on a drift now.

I hate you.. and here's why. out of curiosity i just had a read of the manual. and.. unlike the Gopro. you can easily power if from the bike.. I already have a plug with a USB for my iPad for when I'm abroad.. I was kinda put off the Gopro because its a real faff to power it off the bike. The drift looks easy as pie.. and because this is the old one.. they seem fairly cheap. I just looked at 32GB sd cards.. haven't they come down in price!! and they give you 6 hours of 1080.

looks like one of these is on my shopping list.

the manual.. if you want a read: https://www.dropbox.com/s/be003m2190glx ... Manual.pdf

Looking on amazon about £150 and i have an SD card spare anyhow so its not a heavy cost really =) I find my current camera is a bit naff its alright but its hard to make things out and the sound isnt good. but for £30 im not gonna moan to much =) Gonna keep it for paintball/kayaking

Based on that comparison video I would definitely go with the gopro.

The drift has far less dynamic range, blowing out highlights where the gopro wouldn't. It also has a magenta color case where the gopro is a lot more neutral so in terms of image quality, the gopro looks superior. By far.

Cheers =D Thats a wicked video gonna watch more later but i think i'm settled on a drift now.

I hate you.. and here's why. out of curiosity i just had a read of the manual. and.. unlike the Gopro. you can easily power if from the bike.. I already have a plug with a USB for my iPad for when I'm abroad.. I was kinda put off the Gopro because its a real faff to power it off the bike. The drift looks easy as pie.. and because this is the old one.. they seem fairly cheap. I just looked at 32GB sd cards.. haven't they come down in price!! and they give you 6 hours of 1080.

looks like one of these is on my shopping list.

the manual.. if you want a read: https://www.dropbox.com/s/be003m2190glx ... Manual.pdf

You can get a cheap skeleton housing which allows you to use the ports... so charging on a bike is easy with the gopro.

The drift has far less dynamic range, blowing out highlights where the gopro wouldn't. It also has a magenta color case where the gopro is a lot more neutral so in terms of image quality, the gopro looks superior. By far.

and based on that response.. you didn't actually watch it. for more than a few seconds. did you?

because if you had of done.. you would have read his addendum added to the video 3 months or so after he published it. :lol:

If I can get one cheap enough.. i'll have it. I'm a bit of a cheapskate me. I gave up spending big on photography when I retired my old leica.

and based on that response.. you didn't actually watch it. for more than a few seconds. did you?

because if you had of done.. you would have read his addendum added to the video 3 months or so after he published it. :lol:

If I can get one cheap enough.. i'll have it. I'm a bit of a cheapskate me. I gave up spending big on photography when I retired my old leica.

The thing that pops up about the exposure issues? I did close it when I first watched it, but my response was still correct to that particular comparison.

">

These two seem equal.

Did you want to buy the one im currently using? Only cost me £34 you can have for £20 + P&P ? Got some videos on youtube if you wanna see quality.

Word of warning regarding SD cards and HD recording. Get a minimum class 6 or higher (preferably class 10/UHS).

Also be wary of cheap cards claiming to be higher capacity than their price would make you believe.

Did you want to buy the one im currently using? Only cost me £34 you can have for £20 + P&P ? Got some videos on youtube if you wanna see quality.

selling what mate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZbH5__ix2I

Proper footage from the Drift HD, I run mine off a little USB battery from my pocket as it gives me about 8 hours of recording (5 hours per SD card). External mic is run to the inside of the helmet and tucked in under the cheek padding.

Not the best run and do miss a few down changes but hey ho still learning :)

Best £160 with the SD and USB battery I ever spent and also with the adjustable lens I have ever had a problem with angles and mounting points on anything.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultra-Compact-L ... sb+battery

p.s. I use a suction mount on the fairing on the bike, been skiing/ snowboarding/ motorcross and also paintballing and its never let me down. It's looking battered but still gives good recordings and I just adjust the picture etc with my limited ability before doing the final render.

@Jamesrb90

It's a small tube shaped camera, Average quality tucks away nicely. If i can't sell it i'm just gonna mount it on the bike somewhere see if i can get some neat footage =D