Bike anchor

Hey guys looking around for a bike anchor of some kind. I was hoping to do the work today but seems I can't as I can't really find any in store.

Iv seen a anchor in halfords thay you bolt to the ground but it just seems abit small and no very affective.

I was thinking more of one you'd incase of concrete I.e dig a hole fill with concrete with the anchor covered in concrete.

Thoughts recommendations ??

Thanks James

Have a look at the ones on the Almax site. If it's good enough for them then you can't go wrong!

The ones that sink into concrete as you describe are best, but for most people the Hardie ground anchor or the Immobiliser that're on the Almax site look like good options.

Have a look at the ones on the Almax site. If it's good enough for them then you can't go wrong!

The ones that sink into concrete as you describe are best, but for most people the Hardie ground anchor or the Immobiliser that're on the Almax site look like good options.

Thanks bud. Think ima go with two..

A bolt in achor at the front and a Y shape anchor point for the back and a disc lock that sounds when moved lol

And the steering lock;)

That should make anyone think twice about going on the rob!

Just make sure you use a decent chain (Almax chains can't be cropped by bolt croppers), and all the usual stuff - chain through the bike frame or swing arm if possible (rather than just the wheel that can be removed easily), and keep the chain itself off the floor.

That should cover it!

That should make anyone think twice about going on the rob!

Just make sure you use a decent chain (Almax chains can't be cropped by bolt croppers), and all the usual stuff - chain through the bike frame or swing arm if possible (rather than just the wheel that can be removed easily), and keep the chain itself off the floor.

That should cover it!

Yes mate let's hope so.

That should cover it!

Nope, not mentioned yet :)

James, get a cover, next to a garage it'll be arguably the best security.

Personally I use a chain on my fence, a very strong D lock, a disc lock, alarm, and a cover.

That should cover it!

Nope, not mentioned yet :)

James, get a cover, next to a garage it'll be arguably the best security.

Personally I use a chain on my fence, a very strong D lock, a disc lock, alarm, and a cover.

Heya Phil.

yeah iv got a cover too lol.

The bike is in a garage for now until I'm ready for it at mine and tbh after Xmas would be better. When it is at mine it's outside my front door lol. Don't think I can do any more than the front anchor, rear anchor point ie u bar concreted into the ground, disc lock.

Wish I had a garage grrr

My Fireblade has lived outside for 4 years. I have a good cover which covers the entire bike and an anchor set in concrete with 2 heavy chains. My tip is to keep it as close to the house as you can, mine lives under the front room window. Bike thieves tend to go for easy targets so if it looks like too much work or the chance of being caught in the act is high, they'll move on. Forget alarms, they're a pain in the arse IMO.

With all of that in mind, I walk past a VFR800 every morning that is parked outside a block of flats without any form of security or cover. The fella has parked it like that for years and it hasn't been nicked. Mad.

I'm willing to wager that most bikes are stolen because the owner has been lazy with locking it up. This was the case with my RS125 at work years back. In contrast, my dad that lives on the 6th floor used to chain (2 chains) his GSXR to a iron fence near the main road and covered it without fail when parked up. Even if it was just there for 30mins. He did that for 2 years before selling it.

But of course, there are those unlucky ones that have had their garage broken into - my dad had this happened to him actually with his old FZR600 (and my rover coupe car at the time).