Hopeless case

MarkW

Today I have set the new baseline benchmark of idleness - an achievement in itself given my already low standards.

I went to the gym, got on the treadmill, realised my iPod was flat, and came straight home. And on the journey back I ate the last of the Jelly Babies my kids left in the car.

I'm beyond help...

I go to the gym 3-4 times a week...

I see people come in for 20 minutes... And go home... This angers me...

I see people do it all wrong... This angers me...

I see people claim to do more than they literally just did... This really angers me...

But you went in, turned around, went out and ate some jelly babies over a dead ipod...

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/4b/4b30399fd87f9d9c6d34f6b0884ee41bf6822148b09fc40144dd1ad6c00051e0.jpg

Today I have set the new baseline benchmark of idleness - an achievement in itself given my already low standards.

I went to the gym, got on the treadmill, realised my iPod was flat, and came straight home. And on the journey back I ate the last of the Jelly Babies my kids left in the car.

I'm beyond help...

And so you have prepared the way for proper exercise! Mountain bike, all weathers, pain is just weakness leaving the body! Mud is good ... but trees tend to hurt.

I did toy with the idea of a mountain bike. I need to do something, because I get almost no exercise, and it shows. I used to be pretty fit, but I have always had sedentary jobs with long hours, so things started going downhill years ago. The problem is I hate most forms of exercise: running is incredibly tedious, and anything that involves chasing a ball holds no interest whatsoever. Any suggestions?

Squash........it's not a case of chasing the ball......more a case of avoiding being hit by it.....good for your reflexes...... :wink: :lol: :lol:

Walking is also good.......it's suprising how many pubs you can visit on a decent walk...... :wink:

Squash........it's not a case of chasing the ball......more a case of avoiding being hit by it.....good for your reflexes...... :wink: :lol: :lol:

Walking is also good.......it's suprising how many pubs you can visit on a decent walk...... :wink:

and even the closet pub seems to be twice as far away on the walk home

and even the closet pub seems to be twice as far away on the walk home

Now then, judging from your profile pic you're the ideal person to help me out: would a bigger bike provide me with more of a workout? I'm thinking CVO Road King in tribal orange and black. Not sure the colour has much bearing on it to be honest, but if I were to wrestle one of those through the rush hour traffic every day that must be better than going to the gym. I think it weighs about 100 kg more than my ZZR...

might make you lose more weight through the stress of getting home an hour later every night than you do on the zzr these old hardley movingsons are named such for good reason,but i can throw mine around in and out the traffic only got to look at the edge of the tyre to see that :oops:

I learned to ride because I always had in my mind that at some point in my life I would ride a big Harley across America. Not sure where the idea first came from, but if I'd got my act together years ago our honeymoon would have been the perfect opportunity - three weeks across Canada in a camper van.

I'm loving the ZZR, and the performance is certainly pretty exciting, but I'd still like a big fat hog! The new CVO Road King looks gorgeous, but it's out of my price range at the moment. Perhaps a little restoration project might be the way to go?