We're all fair weather riders

OhJay

We don't have real winters.. so when the snow comes, if it comes.. we're never prepared for it. but.. look at bikers in northern scandinavia. many just like here will ride through the winter but on roads that are untreated.. so unlike the video... no tarmac visible. how do they manage? simple.. they swap over tyres and use ones with steel spikes in them. and just get on with it. same as the car drivers who do the same thing but use 'winter tyres' usually with chains fitted.

here we had no snow at all last year. Ive lived in this house for 14 years now and only been snowed in 4 times... and the longest, a fortnight. a real rarity. By snowed in i mean I can get the bike down the hill.. but no way on earth can I get it up again. made that mistake once. so.. when the snow comes, if it comes.. the bike has to stay put. If heavy snow was a normal thing here.. then obviously i would be inclined to do something about it.. the idea of not being able to ride the bike for months on end is a pure horror.

I crashed my car once in November!

At the time I was working in Halewood near Liverpool (Ford).

I commuted on my VFR750 for about 5 weeks!

Snow,Ice, Fog the lot. I was working 12:00 till 00:00 or even longer!

I bought myself another car for Christmas! :lol: