Cush Drive Rubbers

Invisible_Man

Hi,

Still on a mission to track down the source of my foot numbing vibrations from the CG125.

Looking at the rear sprocket today I noticed quite a lot of side to side movement when pushed and pulled. I realise that there should be some play but how much is too much? The cush driver rubbers where looking a bit eaten when I changed the sprocket earlier this year.

Could this be the source of the damn things vibration?

Thought I'd ask before buying parts unnecessarily.

Cheers,

IM

you shouldn't have any side to side movement!! check all your spacers and axle tightness

cush drive rubbers is for back and forth to take the shock out when the chain pulls tight or you let off the throttle

Hey,

Cheers. I'll order some new ones. There is quite a bit of the play! Rear wheel is solid so I'm assuming the bearings OK.

Bikes never been the same since I took my old man pillion and then towed his bike home. I'm thinking the jolts knackered the cush bushes.

Cheers,

IM

if the sprocket is moving side to side its not the cush drive

are you supposed to have a spacer between the sprocket carrier and wheel?

my TL used to and it slotted between the bearings in the wheel and sprocket carrier

I'd be interested if you find what the problem is.

It's been five weeks since I got back from a 1600-mile round trip to Basel, and I've still got pins and needles in the ball and toes of my right foot. The vibrations through the right foot-peg were pretty painful on the last bit of the journey, so I reckon I've probably done some nerve damage. Haven't found the culprit yet... :(

Hi Mark

Sorry to hear that! Hope it clears up! Thankfully I haven't done quite that many miles on it so my numb feet usually feel better after a day or two rest! Still its bloody annoying having to sit on something that feels like it's vibrating like a sonic bath!

It' been a problem since i towed my old man and his bike 15 miles home when it broke down. I'm thinking the strain has done some damage somewhere... It's just finding out where!

Going to strip the back end off at the weekend and what I have the oil out have a look at the clutch and other easily accessible internals. If that doesn't fix it then it's time I flogged the bloody thing.

Will let you know the outcome.

IM

Hi,

It does. Funnily enough i have had the occasional weird noise from the drum....like something popping.

Tonight i stripped the clutch and rebuilt it using another CG engine i had. Seemed to cut the vibes in half....Psychological probably lol

Tomorrow i'm going to strip the back end out and have a look at the bearings, cush drive etc. Thanks for the heads up on the drum. I shall be checking this also now.

Cheers,

IM