Who uses a go pro

Thoughts on the go pro people??

Thinking of buying a 2 or 3 for the bike and probably let the misses use it too for the horse's and what not. And with hopefully next year doing the scuba or diving ticket.

How's the quality and are they easy to use???

I mean transferring onto the computer and maybe onto the phone

I have no experience with the go pro but i do have a drift ghost. It's pretty good. Night time could be better but good bit of kit.

The Go Pro Hero is going for about £90 on Amazon and Currys it may be worth a look. I'm tempted.

I've looked at this new 'basic' model go-pro and removed it from my wish list because it is in effect a disposable camera. its life being limited by the lifespan of the battery - which cannot be changed if it develops an out of warranty fault or wears out as batteries do.

I would rather buy a second hand older model than this new one.. or push the boat out and buy a higher spec 'new' go-pro. considerably more expensive - true enough. but they seem to hold their value so future upgrading becomes less painful if you sell it with a moderate loss.

Although not the cheapest, the gopro is my favourite. I currently have the 3+ silver edition and cannot fault it. I had an original HD hero for nearly 4 years until it was damaged during the summer but I immediately went out and bought the 3+, I didn't even consider another option. Of course there is the Drift which I gather is very popular and it's really down to which looks better to you more than anything. I don't mind the look of the gopro but others prefer the streamlined look of the drift.

Quality wise, they're excellent. I rarely record in higher than 720p, 1080p looks no better to me and uses too much room on the memory card. I mainly use the suction cup and this has held for very high speeds with no trouble. As for editing I use AVS video editor for fancy stuff (like adding music/titles etc) but Quicktime Pro for short clips. The key in making them look good for youtube is bitrate settings. Keep them high (the gopro records at roughly 15k bitrate). The files are bigger but hey-ho.

Here's a clip of mine, watch it at 720p and you'll get an idea. It's bitrate is at 15k.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgjdYQG6u5Q

Oh, and for the sake of humanity don't take up vlogging.

Personally I'm a fan of these (Drift HD) as they are cheap and work brilliantly - Attach them to a USB battery and mine runs for about 12 hours of recording (2.5 32GB cards full)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultra-Compact-L ... sb+battery

Camera is easier to adjust for different helmets and angles as the lens can spin around. Audio is ok normally but it does suffer from wind blast so either buy a mic (£16) or tape some microphone form over it and you will be golden up to about 60mph.

I use mine on the bike, skiing and paintballing and have battered it for the last 2 years and it's still going very strong.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Drift-Innovatio ... s=drift+hd

This is me messing about in the rain back in October - recorded at 1080p 30fps (quality is a little poor as it has been knocked down to upload on to Youtube and is at about 8k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZbH5__ix2I

If you have the wedge then get the new Hero4 black as the 4k quality and the FPS on the 1080p is insane, otherwise Drift all the way IMO.

Some great footage there guys. That go pro footage is from the 3?? Or your old gopro ??

The drift looks impressive too.

I am gona but used guys so probably won't be able to afford the 4. Yes I too will be using it for paintballing [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY].

That drift does look good for the money they are

Some great footage there guys. That go pro footage is from the 3?? Or your old gopro ??

I am gona but used guys so probably won't be able to afford the 4. Yes I too will be using it for paintballing [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY].

My footage is from the go pro 3.

My footage is from the go pro 3.

Thanks bud.

Okay ima go for the gopro 3 at 150 pound new. And get a bundle of attachments of eBay for 20 pound..

Don't change my mind [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] with the 3 it has the wifi thing

I have a GoPro H3 Black that I am about to sell to help with the purchase of the new H4. (I also have 2 x H3+ Blacks so the H3 is surplus to requirements)

It has only been used a few times. I bought it for the Gimbal on my Quad Copter but moved on to the H3+ soon after so it has been sat in the cupboard.

Just the camera, battery, waterproof case and doors, mounts (1 x flat/ 1 x curved) Quick release Buckles (Standard and J Type) 3 way Pivot Arm and USB lead. No remote - Smart Phone App will do all you want it to do.

£150 plus £15 postage to UK - 3-5 working days and signed for.

If you want the Remote, £200 plus £15 postage to UK . :)

I have a GoPro H3 Black that I am about to sell to help with the purchase of the new H4. (I also have 2 x H3+ Blacks so the H3 is surplus to requirements)

It has only been used a few times. I bought it for the Gimbal on my Quad Copter but moved on to the H3+ soon after so it has been sat in the cupboard.

Just the camera, battery, waterproof case and doors, mounts (1 x flat/ 1 x curved) Quick release Buckles (Standard and J Type) 3 way Pivot Arm and USB lead. No remote - Smart Phone App will do all you want it to do.

£150 plus £15 postage to UK - 3-5 working days and signed for.

If you want the Remote, £200 plus £15 postage to UK . :)

Hey dude think i may go with the white as it's only 150 pound. Thanks though

hi, i recently brought a gopro HERO. its the basic entry level model. my advice do not buy this basic version. yeah its got a good picture can handle 1080 hd. but the mic is build in, there is no option for a external mic. wind noise = BIG problem.

build in battery that is rechargable, and all weather enclosed case.

if i could turn back time with what i know now from experience i would buy a better model.

to transfer a 15 min file took about 2mins, but processing (if you edit it) can take a while, uploading to youtube took a while too.

pro tip - when upload to youtube complete (sometimes) it says "this is taking awhile to process and has been queued" just hit publish, you can then close youtube and do anything you want without waiting on youtube to process it. it will upload shortly after.

here is video of me using go pro HERO. i hate the wind noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdPYgj9 ... WmPCbBrp8g

dont judge my riding, only had the bike afew weeks from doing cbt

Can't see your video for some reason mate. Iv just received my hero 3+ silver

And my goat didn't know it was so small.

I'm not allowed to use it yet?? The bitch is being tight..

What sd card do you recommend guys.

What sd card do you recommend guys.

Sandisk ultra.

The highest bitrate you have on the silver to record is 25mbp/s. This means the card, which writes at up to 30mbp/s can handle anything you throw at it.

Just don't go buying a card that can only record at 20mbp/s as you will run into problems.

I have put my request in for xmas to the missus i mean santa for a gopro. Looked at the options and didnt like the limited features of the entry pro so i have asked for the 150 quid one what ever it is. Wifi, room for mic, changeable batteries ect.

Thanks phil mate. I was looking at that one tbh. One should be enough for now shouldn't it.

Tbh mate I went for the 3+silver only 50 pound more than the 3 white (150 one)

And read a few reviews and recommendations that the silver or black would be better for motorsport.

But good luck with santa matey

Also.. set up a search on eBay 'unwanted gift' - you'll be amazed what people get rid of.. they get one as a present even though they may already have one.. and so get rid. often at a bargain price.

Be good to see a video matey.

Here you have reviews and clips of both SJ4000 with and without WIFI

http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2014/2/3/the-sj4000-action-camera-review.html

http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2014/9/22/at-last-its-the-real-sj4000-wifi-review.html

Be aware as lots of them are fake.

SJ4000 plus Mobius are gonna be my buys around Christmas / New Year

Don't get me wrong.. I do love buy cheap most times hahah. Spose you can lose some of that buzzing with cotton (not taking the piss) heard it's not bad some of these cams.

Tbh mate I was about to pull my hair out with what have I brought and why didn't I see the sj4000 for such little.. but I'm overall happy with the gopro