Bike wont start

Guest bandit2020

hello

the other while out on the bike I ran out fuel, stupid I know. So I parked up and legged it to the petrol station and topped up a wee bit, however the bike would not start up again, and since then she has refused to start, had to call a man with a van to get home. Any help/idea's as to the problem?

cheers

Gunk at the bottom of the tank has built up, bike has run out and pulled it through blocking the carbs. Seen this happen loads of times before!

Fill the bike up, put some STP fuel cleaner in there, and try to start it. I imagine it would at least splutter...

Other than that, obvious things...

1. Did you leave it in gear?

2. Is the kill switch on?

3. Is the sidestand switch not working?

4. Does the bike sound any better with a wider throttle opening with throttle.

5. Say hello in the newbies section :thumb:

Gunk at the bottom of the tank has built up, bike has run out and pulled it through blocking the carbs. Seen this happen loads of times before!

Fill the bike up, put some STP fuel cleaner in there, and try to start it. I imagine it would at least splutter...

Other than that, obvious things...

1. Did you leave it in gear?

2. Is the kill switch on?

3. Is the sidestand switch not working?

4. Does the bike sound any better with a wider throttle opening with throttle.

5. Say hello in the newbies section :thumb:

6. Put your location in your profile

Fixed that for you 8-)

evkhr.jpg

I'm guessing you guys didn't see the post in the Newbies section then?...... :wink:

I'm guessing you didn't either, the thread and post all elude to the same situation here... No introduction :lol:

But I'll admit the meme could have been more relevant :D

ewd0k.jpg

Just burning some time waiting for the OP to reply so we can fix his bandit :wink:

Noted, I actually have the same "this isn't facebook" view... But with a heavy influx of recent picture posts, video posts etc all pushed on by a new "like" system, it has taken a slide that way :lol:

I'm keen to hear this Bandits problem, and how it was fixed, I know an identical case on another forum, and even a carb strip hasn't solved it.

Something with bandit carbs and running out of fuel can sometimes cause mayhem it seems. :?

So to the OP, if he comes back, try cleaning the carbs, but check the fuel pump as well... I wonder if that blocks.

I'm still thinking about it, as I try to get to the bottom of the other, if I find out the cause, I'll post here :thumb:

This is my first thought. I think a new fuel filter may be in order if it can't be unblocked with some paraffin type stuff.

Hmm. Guess i should make sure the bike is always filled up then!

If you let your fuel go down to the absolute minimal level before topping up, your fuel filter will pick up all the crap that usually hangs around the bottom of the tank, then it builds up inside that and causes a blockage.

Phil is on the money.

And this is why it's always best to run some STP fuel cleaner and give it a REAL good dose once every few thousand miles, it eats through light deposits :)

Same for injected systems too, keeps the injectors clean.

Hmm. Guess i should make sure the bike is always filled up then!

If you let your fuel go down to the absolute minimal level before topping up, your fuel filter will pick up all the crap that usually hangs around the bottom of the tank, then it builds up inside that and causes a blockage.

Usually do about 100 miles then fill up. can do around 130 only once have i ran out.