YBR 125 Now wont Start

Invisible_Man

Hi,

Another new problem.

Fitted a new battery as the old battery was past its best. The bike now refuses to start. Goes through its checks and light goes out......No fault code for the TPS anymore. Can hear the fuel pump prime.

Try to start bike on electric start nothing. There is a spark. Stop cranking it over and the fuel pump runs again....Should it do that?

Took the injector out. First Crank it spits fuel out. Next crank nothing.

Sick to death now and ive only had the bike 2 days!!

Cheers,

IM

Get it to a hill or someone to push you and bump start it. If it fires, let it run for a good 30-45mins and if it doesn't, come back! :)

It was working before and you've only changed the battery so I'd at least suspect it hasn't charged to what it should before diving into more complicated issues such as the fuel pump.

Hi,

Its running after a bump start. ECU light now shows the TPS fault again too. This it had before and was running ok, albeit a bit lumpy on tickover.

Other good thing is that its charging at 13.5v at 7RPM. Sounds good i think?

Why did the bump start make it run? I'm gonna make a big assumption that the ECU reset itself after the battery was disconnected and needed the bike to be running to aquire its settings again....Big assumption.

Cheers,

IM

I'll hazard a guess at your battery being not charged properly so didn't have enough in it to start, but I could be wrong. Could be a number of things but see if it starts on the ignition switch after it's been running.

With a bump start you bypass a lot of the initial ignition, battery is not needed, nor starter motor.

Did you change the TPS already?

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

Not changed the TPS yet as i have run out of money :oops: Bills and food are a priority :) This will be changed after xmas when i have more time and patience :)

Its been running for 10 minutes. Switched it off and it fired up first time. Hope it keeps firing up!! It was turning over, and failing to start, prior to the bump start until the battery died after too many tries!

Cheers,

IM.

Not changed the TPS yet as i have run out of money :oops:

Well of course the fault code will still be there then LOL! It'll be fine until you can though I'd imagine. Might even be dirty and you *may* be able to clean it instead of buying a new one but not familiar with the sensor enclosure and weather it allows you to or not. Worth checking out.

Its been running for 10 minutes. Switched it off and it fired up first time. Hope it keeps firing up!!

Cheers,

IM.

It will, it was your battery.

Don't mean to be a whiney B*tch lol Just a bit dismayed as i bought the bike to run me to work and save me money on petrol. Spending more on repairs now lol

Have heard of faults on these bikes being caused by dodgey batteries but alas it wasn't that. TPS is secured by them security star shaped bolts (Dont know the name).

Thanks again,

IM

For the starting, battery wasn't charged enough for a strong spark.

Most 125s will turn over but struggle to start as the spark won't be good enough. When you bump start you take the power going out to the starter motor out of the equation, you also spin the alternator producing a little bit of juice, which helps you.