UK Challenge 100 2015 Discussion Thread

Grumpy Old Git

I feel like a child on Christmas morning counting down the minutes till I can open the presents. Every fifteen minutes I refresh the page looking for the 2015 tags and then, curling lips downward, wonder off to find something to do for another fifteen minutes till I refresh again.

I know, I need to get out more. As soon as the 2015 Challenge tags are published I intend to! Honestly! :wink:

Please give us our present!!!

Thank you GoG ... Two of these are 20 minutes away from me so I have no excuse for not getting 20 points before returning to work. :D

Add to that a couple of pubs and you're well up-and-running...... :wink:

Thank you GoG ... Two of these are 20 minutes away from me so I have no excuse for not getting 20 points before returning to work. :D

Add to that a couple of pubs and you're well up-and-running...... :wink:

Absolutely, Tango. No reason why I can't get 50 points by Monday :D

Great list GOG, I like the way you have altered the regions and not stuck strictly to borders, so Jedburgh is in with north English tags. I can see me doing the whole of Scotland this time as the very northern tags were a long way for 10 points. :cheers:

Mega fail :lol:

That is you volunteering for next time then!

:evil:

yeah ok :up:

I ment for the posting of the post! you should have sent us it like last year then we could have made it spot on on the run up to today and I could have just transferred it saves you messing about last min :thumb:

Thanks Stu - But I could not work out how to get the list in group order so....

Anyhoo - All done now (thanks for fixing the links).

Are you actually going to do any this year? (and Bob?).

:cheers:

He should be able to do them all with the new bike...... :wink:

OK simple questions for the experts...

1) Can you log the same pub name several times? Seems there are several Royal Oaks round here :P ...

2) How do you upload pictures is to the forum or via Photobucket or similar?

3) "Beach House Cafe" - Mudeford Quay: I was going to do this one today but the cafe concerned is on Hengisbury Head Will a photo with Cafe in background across water be enough? Or do we have to jump on the ferry/ road train/ walk in our gear to get nearer?

Any one up for a ride tomorrow?

With near beginner..

Each tag only counts once......so you'll only get 10 points for Royal Oak pub, no matter how many Royal Oaks you tag..... :wink:

You can link your pics via photobucket.......or just upload attachments via the section below this one when you're posting a reply..... :wink:

You can walk to a tag if it's not possible to get close to it with the bike......but you need to be in the picture in your bike gear and displaying your tag number..... :wink:

and to add to bobs reply

if you shoot the pics in a lower resolution from your camera or phone then you wont have to mess about re sizing to upload and it also saves bandwidth and speeds up loading times

Thanks guys I should also of asked that I guess the Number 5 in my number plate counts.

As for the one on Hengisbury head I go take a picture and see what the powers that be decide.

I did not realise how regional some pub names are...

No the number on your plate doesn't count

You have to make a number and display it

This is to stop people using pics they may already have :thumb:

We will allow your first one though :-D

OK simple questions for the experts...

1) Can you log the same pub name several times? Seems there are several Royal Oaks round here :P ...

2) How do you upload pictures is to the forum or via Photobucket or similar?

3) "Beach House Cafe" - Mudeford Quay: I was going to do this one today but the cafe concerned is on Hengisbury Head Will a photo with Cafe in background across water be enough? Or do we have to jump on the ferry/ road train/ walk in our gear to get nearer?

Any one up for a ride tomorrow?

With near beginner..

There is a road (over the Stour bridge) all the way to the Cafe!

The Royal Children is still open (today) - Even if it closes, a picture of the front of that building will suffice as it is easily recognisable.

NB. There used to be a brothel in the upper floor back in the 60's. :shock:

:cheers: