Bike and age limit

Guest Geriden

Hi everyone,

I am 24 years old and have been riding a Lexmoto Arizona 125 for the last 3 or 4 months. Although I've enjoyed the ride it's starting to really feel like a child's bike and I'm eagerly awaiting to book my DAS later in the new year.

A thought crossed my mind - does being 24 with a Cbt automatically grant me rights to ride something with more power (ala the Honda Shadow 600, 750 or similar)

I wonder this as even if restricted the experience and confidence I can build up riding the bigger bikes before doing my mod 1 and 2 will be invaluable.

I don't mind getting a bike restricted providing the power to weight ratio works out OK, the experience is what's important to me and I'll de-restrict and strip L plates after passing mod 1 and 2.

Any information on the subject is appreciated, as I can only seem to find info about 19 year old working toward a2 to allow this.

Welcome to TMBF mate.......pop over to the Newbies section and introduce yourself to the guys when you get chance....... 8-)

Anyway......CBT will only allow you to ride a 125cc bike, irrespective of your age.......but, as you're 24, you can do the DAS which would allow you to ride any bike..... :wink:

indeed.

24 or over with a CBT. what you need next is your theory test certificate. followed by Passing the 2 part practical test on

a large motorcycle at least 595cc and at least 40kW

and the easiest way to achieve that is via the Direct Access Scheme.. aka DAS. with a training school using their bikes.

easy peasy lemon squeezy.

after that you can ride any bike you want or can afford.

[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]