Bike Trip 2015- anyone free??!

Rod York

OK people

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/roderickyork/YOURCOUNTRY_zpsec83d987.png

..im back on grid and musing over the idea of a trip- with people I dont know...you!

Sniper will be putting in an appearance-he will have a passport by then!

What I'm looking for-

1.People happy to be filmed- it will be again released on Youtube

2.People prepared to have a go at something different.

3.people happy to camp/sleep/cook rough.

What will it be?

1.Approximately 30 days duration starting Mid April 2015

2. There may be the opportunity to do 2 weeks

3.fun- ideal for those who have not done a trip of this nature before.

Where?

1. Morocco

Cost?

TBC- we will be travelling approx 8000 miles by motorbike with 2 boat crossings totalling 10,000miles- let me have an idea of what you feel it may cost

If you have any questions- fire away!

Hope to hear from you on here.

Regards

rod

This video in the footer gives a flavour of what happened last time

Would absolutely love to do this sort of thing, sounds like my idea of heaven, but my job would limit me to two weeks at most - and I'd need to be back again for work on the 15th day :( If I get myself fired any time soon you'll be the first to know :wink:

I'd love to try this in 2016, if you doing this yearly, i've too many holidays and event's to go to in 2015 so that will limit me, and i don't have a bike that can cope well with knobby tyres for the roads i've seen in your last trip! :D

destinations change & are planned around what I can trade off with Mrs Rod York...

maybe an opportunity for 2 weeks..but let me see what evolves!

-if you subscribe on youtube or keep an eye out on here- you will see the debacle unfold!

Awesome, I'll keep my eyes on it!

I'd love to try this in 2016, if you doing this yearly, i've too many holidays and event's to go to in 2015 so that will limit me, and i don't have a bike that can cope well with knobby tyres for the roads i've seen in your last trip! :D

One of my books has a travel journal by a guy who took a GSXR1000 across a desert after elevating the suspension and fitting knobblies... I'm sure your ER-6 could have the same makeover ;)

Can you get tyres that last 8k :)

yes.. easily. Tyres on my GS usually get changed at around the 10,000 mile mark.. and usually have a bit of life left in them. Sod the expense.

Watched your entire 9 vid trip. Well impressed, Rod. I would love to make a trip like this, but sadly I wouldn't get the time off work.

I'm trying to talk the wife into a UK trip ... way up into the highlands of Scotland next summer.

just watched the 9 episodes. looked like it was a hell of an adventure!

Jam- it's one I certainly won't forget in a hurry...I hope this years trip to be equally entertaining but for completely different reasons- Regards

Rod