Another update.

Harri

Hi all. A bit pee'd off I think :roll:

Had a spin today. Quite enjoyed it :) There is a particular junction by a local co-op that gets really busy and people double park and park on double yellows. Anyway, at this point I thought I was in neutral but couldn't tell for sure because of the lack of a neutral light. Slipped the clutch and it was still in gear, but what gear? The upshot is I didn't think the lack of neutral light would bother me but it does.

I had bought a new bulb as I'd deduced it was bulb failure. It took a couple of hours to take all the fairings and other plastic bits to get to the bulb. All guess work as the manual on the internet is full of useless dark pictures. Of course the new bulb didn't work. Another hour or two replacing everything and I'm left with 3 allen bolts in my pocket, shit :shock:

Next? That leaves the neutral sensor behind the clutch casing. Hopefully just loose bits and not a couple of bits waiting to get crunched! Unless you guys have any other ideas?

http://www.ludd.luth.se/~joshua/xf650/xf650.html

P.S. is this a one gasket job?

Barcud

I couldn't say for sure whether it's only 1 gasket.....but on most bikes it is..... :wink:

Yeah, I'd deffo be checking out the neutral switch.......especially after reading some of that stuff you posted on an earlier post......sounds like it could do real damage if ignored..... :shock:

http://www.ludd.luth.se/~joshua/xf650/xf650.html

Hi, got my gasket so will do the job tomorrow. Looking at the above pic it looks straight forward. It doesn't look like I need to drop the oil, what do you think?

p.s. what is tied up in the first pic? the brake ? why?

Barcud

Yeah.....with the bike on the sidestand you should be able to remove the clutch cover without having to drop the oil..... :wink:

He's got the rear brake lever tied up out of the way to allow easier access to the neutral switch and the screw..... :wink:

Good luck and keep us posted.... 8-)