Getting fat!

XmisterIS

It would seem that age has finally caught up with me.

Throughout my 20's and 30's I could eat pretty much what I wanted, in whatever quantities I wanted, and remain absolutely rail thin without needing to do much exercise. It was a trait that would regularly have XmrsIS green with envy. "How can you eat a pizza that bloody big and still have a 32" waist??!" she would say.

But time waits for no man and I am now ... errr ... fat (the 32" waist has become 34/36). I'm nearly 39 and it's happened only in the last couple of years. XmrsIS has offered to take me along to Weight Watchers. She used to be a big 'un but lost 3 stone through Weight Watchers to get pregnant, and she's kept the weight off ever since (but not during the pregnancy, obviously).

I am not convinced. I don't want to be consigned to the ranks of the corpulent! Anyone else find that your whole life you were built like a whippet and then, all of a sudden - BOOM! - and you're a whopper?

Oh, and I'm going grey too. So is XmrsIS. The grave awaits ...

Move more and eat a bit less chap it worked for me. Denied myself nothing just cut down on portion sizes and got out and about more ;)

Oh I was bloody massive as well before!

Exactly what i did before, worked well but cant work proper at the mo from aches and pains so movement is ltd and with boredom food comes

I go to the gym to weight lift...

I need to eat kebabs, huge quantities of chicken, fish and so on just to hold my current weight of 13.5 stone.

With each decade your metabolism moves at 5% less speed so you need better spaced meals and less bad fats as you get older :thumb:

I'm taking full advantage right now, 15% BMI :mrgreen:

Yup. Eat a little less.

Exercise helps, but weight is 99% diet.

A lot of people dont realise this and it does become harder as we age, im a fully trained personal trainer which i do on the side of my day job.

The amount of people who think "i can go to the gym 5 times a week and still eat whatever i like" :roll:

You cant out train a bad diet.

Yes exercise helps as it burns calories that you wouldnt normally burn but you cant replace these burnt calories with crappy foods.

Simple stuff really more calories in than out = weight gain

more calories out than in = weight loss

Can i ask what your normal eating habits are on a daily basis?

Damn straight, Whitey. I've got a 200kg+ dead and a sub 50min 10k, but putting weight on is still easy as pie now I'm thirty.

Luckily, I'm pretty good at managing my diet now and manage to stay at a reasonable bf%, even when bulking.

Abs are built in the gym, but they're revealed in the kitchen.

Yes,masses of chocalate,pizza,kebabs and ive never seen the inside of a gym. Never been able to pass 12.5 stone.

Yup, wind the clock back only about 5 years and that was me! When I was in my 20's people would say, "Oh, you won't be able to eat like that in your 30's". Well, when I was 35 and still eating like that I was still absolutely rail thin. Now approaching 40 ... not so much. :oops:

Can i ask what your normal eating habits are on a daily basis?

You don't want to know ... :angel12:

Yes,masses of chocalate,pizza,kebabs and ive never seen the inside of a gym. Never been able to pass 12.5 stone.

Yup, wind the clock back only about 5 years and that was me! When I was in my 20's people would say, "Oh, you won't be able to eat like that in your 30's". Well, when I was 35 and still eating like that I was still absolutely rail thin. Now approaching 40 ... not so much. :oops:

I got to 25 and got diabetes lol.

I'll be 60 in a couple of years and unlike in my early years at 12stone I can sustain 17stone without even thinking :oops:

But a couple of years ago I went off alcohol and didn't touch the stuff. I also started eating jam and honey on my bread instead of butter. Jam butties for my lunch at work. My family kept asking was I losing weight and I always said I wasn't. In the end I jumped on some scales and was only just over 14stone :shock: Around a 3 stone loss just by cutting out alcohol and fats, oh and walking the dog a bit more. Unfortunately my body has caught on and I hover around the 16 and a half stone mark now.

Oh and I need reading glasses now :cry: oh and I'm deaf in one ear :cry: oh and my hip clicks :cry: oh and I have a hernia :cry: kin' 'ell :shock:

Barcud