New Ink

klingelton

Over the christmas break, I got myself a tattoo. I've been promising myself one since I was a teenager - but refused to get one then in case it was a fad. in my early 20's I didn't have enough money. in my late 20's I was "choosing". so in my mid 30's I've finally done it!

My little one was in hospital and I wanted something to take with me always. So I had his hand print tattooed on my chest.

What tattoos do people have and what are the stories behind them. Also what were your experiences with having it done?

Those who don't have them, what are your thoughts. have you ever fancied it or just hate them and would never mark yourself like that?

Finally - It's opened a flood gate in me and I'm now planning a sleeve. What are your plans for your next ink?

Haven't got one yet, but know what i want!! probabaly be next year now.

I want a half sleeve on my upper left arm/shoulder Going to get some lily's (my other halfs favourite flower) quite large probabaly 4 flowers in total, on each of the flowers im going to get my kids (3from previous relationship) initials and dob finely written.

On the inside of my arm im going to have the lyrics to eric claptons - tears in heaven (this was the song my mum requested at her funeral.

Just been putting it off as i need to buy a motorbike first!!

I have several. Ranging from some v poor ones when I was 18 or so, the latest being a pheonix on my back done last year at the age of 39.

Welcome to your new addiction. ...

Im going to get insulin dependant on my right wrist.

My girlfriend said what happens if they only look at the left wrist. She thinks im getting look at the other wrist on my left aswell.

Why you want it on the right wrist?

I would think its more likely to be seen on the left wrist as that's the arm they test blood pressure and give injections...

No logic behind it. Im right handed.

Diabites nurse wants me to ware a band but its not really me.

I forget stuff so it would spend most of its time lost.

Thats the reason i dont have a wallet.

Had this done a couple of years ago, now in my early 20's.

My personal reasoning behind the tattoo was science, as i believe the Atom's from exploded stars formed everything that exists, thus the atom's are somewhere inside is also.

on the inside of my arm it says " it's written in the stars" meaning our destiny.

So it's a kind of symbol of thanks, not alot of people my age understand that reasoning, as it's "nerdy" or "sad" in todays youth, but i like it personally!

can be hidden under a long sleeved shirt if a job required.

Although recently i was kicking my self as i really wanted a motorcycle engine tattoo where my heart is!

And a video about my reasoning.

">

might not be everyones cuppa tea but it's what i think is good on me, and a potential partner.

Experience with getting it done, was pleasant i liked the tingling, apart from close to my nipple, and my collar bone vibrating.

123462219_backtattoo.thumb.jpg.de7e13c9acc744cec5609d7ae78c116a.jpg

1083403935_chesttat.thumb.jpg.17bb2a5b4e2ddcf686b1a9cc30fb4382.jpg

1822185732_toparmtatt.thumb.jpg.f5735b8698e397415b8e54f5d634f41b.jpg

I got very drunk before going to Iraq and ended up with a crudely drawn stickman, pushing a crudely drawn lawnmower just above my pubes. My one and only tattoo, I cringe whenever I see it.

Got "The best death maker" in German on the inside of one forearm.

And "Better let him sleep" in German on the inside of the other forearm.

And "When hell is full the dead will walk the earth" on the back of my neck.

A sword going through a scroll with my two sons names on it on my arm.

And a little Elephant on my shoulder.

I think they look cool but my problem is i get bored of stuff so quickly i cant see myself being able to live with the same design for evermore...

It's not like decorating a room :)

You could get one designed that commemorates something relevant to you.

It's not like decorating a room :)

You could get one designed that commemorates something relevant to you.

Hmm... I agree with Joeman - I knocked up a design when I was a teenager that I wanted on my chest.

It was incredibly deep and meaningful back then but I'm so glad I didn't have it done as it's a period of my existence that I'm very happy to forget!

Definitely have a good think about it first.

first 2 tatts were a yorkshire rose and a British lion.

These two 20 years later were blended into a half sleeve (upper arm)

On the other arm I have what can only be described as a celtic thingy...lol. again 20 year old.

Now I'm a bit older the tatts I get tend to mean something.

A large rose incorperating my kids names.

A celtic cross with the kids names and our lasses. ( took me 15 yr to get our lasses name tatted on me)

A large pheonix with keep the faith wrote in chineese under it. ( had that done after spinal surgery and yes I do enjoy a bit of northern soul!!!)

I have a few silly indian ink and needle tats done when I was 15 or 16. Regret them now.

A friend of mine has a tat of a scroll just above her pubes with this written in the scroll.

'For your own safety, KEEP OFF the grass'

ive got both lower and upper arms done with single tats not full or half sleeves then i have got both shoulder blades and top halves of back done my lower right leg has a dragon wrapped around it from knee to ankle and my left leg has a biker about to shoots the 8 ball in pool thats the only one i dont like but its more do to with quality of work being really crap

I have a small heart on my bikini line - that was my 18 year old impulsive tattoo.

Since then they've all had meanings. Snake on my right shoulder paid for by an ex boyfriend (oh the irony but makes me laugh now), Kids names on my left hip, lizard on my lower left leg. Lady with tribal wings coming out from a whirlwind on my left upper leg ( supposed to be me lol) and my last and biggest piece on my right upper arm is lillies with broken stems but still going strong.

I have 3 more that I still want, large cherry tree from right ankle to hip. Whitby abbey on my right upper arm and some form of wings on my back, still need a design for these as I don't want "feather" wings.

I don't regret any of them and as said, many of them have personal meanings to me. tbh I'm always seen as a bit of a misfit anyhow so I don't really mind what other people think about them but they can all be covered if required.

I would never get anything below wrist or above neck level but that's a personal choice

I have angels wings and my late wifes name on my right shoulder ,with a Latin inscription underneath .

I have a ying and yang with my daughters initials and flanking dragons in black/red on my left shoulder

A large block printed EXTANT (before the telly series lol) down my left arm

a colour Gemini twins tattoo on my right arm ,with a abstract dirt bike

I don't have any tattoos, but I did stand behind a woman in the security queue at Heathrow airport a couple of years ago who had an image of a woman - how shall we say - 'performing an act' on a horse tattooed on her right shoulder. Classy.

spotted that. and watched some of it. stopped watching when the presenter travelled to a woman in order to "not dissuade the interviewee from getting a facial tattoo." i.e. dissuade the interviewee from getting a facial tattoo.

not something i would personally do (face, neck or lower arms) but each to their own i say.

I have two tattoo's, a rose with two pistons on my shoulder blade and a Lilly on a hip. My next one i want a angel wing on foot, i was in a serious accident last year with a close friend who was very lucky to have survived, so wanted the wing to represent how lucky and strong we both were.