Northern France trip 2015

raesewell

Hello all I am thinking of going to northern France for a few days and wondered if anyone wants to join me. This could be a good opportunity for any first time Eurotrippers to find their feet. There are no firm plans as yet so thing are very fluid at the moment.

I was thinking about Late March, April and possibly early May. Going out on a Monday and coming back on Thursday / Friday.

No big mileage days 100 - 150 tops. My preferred lodgings are normally Ibis Hotels (not Ibis Budget) they are reasonably priced and have restaurant and bar.

If you think this might be of interest to you please get in touch. Hope to hear from you soon

Regards

Rae

OK I have given it some thought and here is what I have come up with (dates not yet decided open to offers)

Monday = Le Touquet

Tuesday = Honfleur

Wednesday = Amiens

Thursday = Head Home

Let me know what you think

I'd say possibly the early May holiday week or the week after.......although I'd need to see if I could get the time off work

and also if Bonniebird is up for it too. I'll let you know as soon as..... :wink:

At the moment the 13th of April has been suggested but as I have said nothing concrete yet.

The only trouble with bank holiday Monday as a start day is that prices are high and availability is low.

So wait a minute... anyone joining you needs to book the Monday through to the Friday off work, meaning that with the weekends they'll have 9 days off in a row... and you're only using the middle 5??? Why not set off on Saturday and do a bigger trip? Or Set off Saturday and come back Wednesday thereby using up less holiday days? :scratch:

So wait a minute... anyone joining you needs to book the Monday through to the Friday off work, meaning that with the weekends they'll have 9 days off in a row... and you're only using the middle 5??? Why not set off on Saturday and do a bigger trip? Or Set off Saturday and come back Wednesday thereby using up less holiday days? :scratch:

Simples I dont have to work and can go midweek and my offer was to help people that fancied a trip accross the Channel but might not have been before and may have been hesitant. So a quick three day trip seemed to fit the bill.

Of course when you organise a trip you can go when you like and for as long as you like. If the dates you organise suit me I will come along.

Don't get me wrong, it's very kind of you to offer to let people tag along. I'll admit to being very tempted, but I have to use my holiday days very carefully; after bank holidays and mandatory shutdowns, I only have 17 days to take where I choose... Been thinking about it this morning and when push comes to shove I'll only have 7 days to spend after the Scotland trip I'm planning, so I probably can't come. Hope you have a good ride, though!

Well to be honest, the midweek thing was aimed at old duffers like me that dont have to work and can up and go at a moments notice.

I have had some interest from this forum and a couple of others that I frequent and if all the people that have expressed an interest come along I think I have enough to make it a nice trip without it becoming a chore. I think there are about 6 or 7 expessions of interest so far.

Tango can you PM me with your Email address please so that I can give you an update. This trip has gathered momentum fairly quickly.

I'll be doing this via email so that the group doesn't get too big.