Stalls with sidestand up

Phooey

Ok guys, I left for work this morning and the bike stalled with the sidestand up. In fact, it stalled several times. When I put the sidestand down and then back up it started ok. Leaving work it happened again. Took a few minutes of putting sidestand down and back up before it worked.

I am assuming that there is some kind of switch on the sidestand? What am I looking for and what should I be looking to do? Is it a clean, adjustment or replacementof switch?

yup its the side stand switch

its attached somewhere near the pivot on the sidestand

give it a good soaking with WD40 and get it moving then degrease it and lube it up :thumb:

a bit of grease worked in to it will suffice

its a doddle to do

stick it on the centre stand stick the side stand up and you should be able to get to the switch

you may need to lay on the floor though as its right underneath

10 min job including a cuppa :thumb:

its a doddle to do

stick it on the centre stand stick the side stand up and you should be able to get to the switch

you may need to lay on the floor though as its right underneath

10 min job including a cuppa :thumb:

:cheers:

This thread reminds me, I need to take my sidestand off this Friday so I can ask the hardware store to weld it back together - snapped off the protruding bit that you use to kick it down! Might get a bigger foot stuck on it while I'm there, can't make my mind up.