Get Geared?

Any opinions on GetGeared either website or specifically the Leeds store.

Going there tonight to try a few bits on but wouldn't mind your opinions prior to buying.

Got a 15% gear voucher for them via insurance comparison website so potentially a decent saving on full set of gear.

Whenever I look at their website they seem expensive. I did buy a pair of sunglasses from them once to wear with an open lid and the quality was awesome, lenses didn't scratch and the foam bit didn't fall apart.... was gutted when I dropped them, stood on them and snapped the arm.

Still I'd try on in the store and then check online for prices at other places before buying if I were you.

Whenever I look at their website they seem expensive. I did buy a pair of sunglasses from them once to wear with an open lid and the quality was awesome, lenses didn't scratch and the foam bit didn't fall apart.... was gutted when I dropped them, stood on them and snapped the arm.

Still I'd try on in the store and then check online for prices at other places before buying if I were you.

I have to agree with wr6133, they seem expensive which puts me off, Im sure if you have a discount code and can purchase in store then they will be fine!! Just compare whatever your looking at with Sportsbikeshop although i dont live close to one of the sportsbikeshop stores they offer an excellent return policy and whenver ive dealt with their customer service they have been top notch and also seem to be very well priced compared to other companies.

Went in last night and got some really solid advice and ideas for gear. Going for AlpineStars Andes Drystar jacket/trousers and a Arai Axces 2 helmet. Boots are Alpinestars MCX waterproof or something or other. Going for Richa gloves.

Will start comparing prices etc but full set from Get Geared including 15% off is coming in about £780 so not too bad really.

Once I've got the gear, bike will follow very soon after!

Worth knowing about the 20% off signing up offer, I was thinking about a pair of Alpinestars gloves but the price was making me think twice.

And before I get hit with a "paying for the name" grumble, if anyone else can recommend a decent set of Gore-tex gloves with knuckle armour that come in large sizes then I'm all ears!

If you know what size you need Sportsbikeshop have got a load of the alpinestars andes stuff on sale at the moment.

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcy ... tar+jacket

Its worth shopping about a bit as the shop assistant may seem really helpful but they are trying to make a commission.

I dont have any affiliation with this company just had amazing service from them and they also offer 365 day returns which are free, best company i've ever ordered from online. (i dont have many bike clothing shops near me)

Cheers guys, tried sportbikeshop.com for same set and it came out about £100 more expensive when factoring in discounts.

Haven't priced up J&S yet - been to their Donny store already and not heard great things but will give them another look for prices etc.

As for the 'paying for the name' nonsense Stu - how about offering me some advice on alternative/cheaper brands that would offer equivalent all-year-round use?

I've heard Richa are decent but getgeared don't seem to stock it apart from gloves.

As for the 'paying for the name' nonsense Stu - how about offering me some advice on alternative/cheaper brands that would offer equivalent all-year-round use?

Why don't you start a thread with that very question and I will as last time I looked this was about get geared and asking what they are like!

We can't read minds we don't know what your looking for!