2003 GSF600S Bandit

Glorian

Time to put a review up about my bike i think..

Suzuki Bandit GSF600S (K3?) half faired dark blue

Where/when did i buy it and how much

I picked this up about august time a month before i passed my test at around 8500 miles from Hythe hill motorcycles, costing me £1900 with £500 trade in.

Pro's

It's a good all rounder, people give it a harsh time the "Blandit" and what not, but for a first proper bike, it's large enough, forgiving if you make a mistake, easy to work on (especially with the center stand) it looks great (IMO) sounds pretty good and gets some good looks. You can carry loads of crap on it and it doesn't seem to care (maybe at ludicrous speed) there is good storage underneath the seat, i have a set of tools and waterproof top/trousers with room for a snickers to! Comfy to ride even long distances, keeps up with most bikes and almost all cars. Handles well even at slow speeds such as filtering.

Cons

It's old, it's a 2003 and we're in 2015 so 12 years old it has a few problems. I've had to put a new set of tyres on, change the bulbs, new ignition coil (possibly a second) a new oil cooler (under warranty) and a new sensor for the speedo (warranty also)

misc

Has no fuel gauge which is a tad annoying.

Overall i like it and will run it as long as i can then chop it into a cafe racer frame ;)

Delkevic are the ones I bought when mine rotted through.

About £180 when I bought mine. Fiddley job but fit well.

If I was to buy another Bandit and it still had the OEM down pipes I would just change them to be honest.

Not planning on buying one thou.

Looking at a Sprint for my next bike.

• 2 weeks later...