deleted

Classickid21

What should I look out for is there any other fee's and if I buy it can I ride motorcycles on or put a wooden work shop up or just use it as over grown bit of land ??

Riding motorcycles on it may constitute a material change of use that may need consent from the area planning authority. Contact planning officers for advice.

Building a wooden workshop on it may constitute development that may need consent - see above

At a guess, it's cheap for a reason. Make sure you find the reason before purchase would be my advice.

What should I look out for is there any other fee's and if I buy it can I ride motorcycles on or put a wooden work shop up or just use it as over grown bit of land ??

Riding motorcycles on it may constitute a material change of use that may need consent from the area planning authority. Contact planning officers for advice.

Building a wooden workshop on it may constitute development that may need consent - see above

At a guess, it's cheap for a reason. Make sure you find the reason before purchase would be my advice.

Thank you Dude. I am looking into it :) Saving Funds for new work shop out of my area storage unit. so if I can do all this and in budget or buy it and rent it out later on or use it.

:stupid:

You have to be really on the ball when getting into buying property. Agents will spot an inexperienced buyer a mile off. Just do your research thoroughly first.

Thank you Dude. Been looking to buy locally but everything is either to big or its too close to the town I live in Rather it be out in middle no where.

Has anyone else brought a Bit of land or Garage work shop

Had any hidden fee's

I don't always want to be working my tits off buying and selling cars and motorcycles for extra money. I would like to go in to shallays and holiday lets and work my way up the line or like above bit of land for my self

I am 22 this is something I have been thinking of doing for a long time. always done everything on my own never been given any more. hard worked money.

Pros and cons :)

An acquaintance of mine bought a bit of woodland in Wales a few years ago. She was able to put one of those pod things on it without planning. I think she had a solar panel on the roof for power but one of the conditons for not needing planning was that it must not be connected to mains water.

As previously said, a workshop or business venture would probably need a change of use which may be difficult if it's arable land but not out of the question.

As has already been said, I would imagine a workshop would require a change-of-use permission, because the council needs to make sure that the use for which you propose the land won't inconvenience other residents. Also, you'll need planning permission and you'll need to demonstrate that you're not going to be polluting the local water supply, etc.

As an example, there was one of those fly-by-night car wash places that sprang up near us; it turns out they were also doing vehicle repairs and were just pouring gallons and gallons of used oil straight down the drain, which meant a very expensive clean-up operation at the water treatment facility to stop the oil from getting into the water that comes out of everyone's taps! Needless to say, the courts took a pretty dim view of their operations ...

I don't intend to scare you off, but you should definitely do your research first. There's hoops to jump through and paperwork, BUT, it is doable. Just be prepared to move at "council speed", not everyone else's speed (councils seem to have absolutely no concept whatsoever of urgency).

XmrsIS works in the environmental sector, if you like I can ask her for a definitive list of what you'll need to do to fulfil the requirements of the law.