motorcycle wouldn't start.

mr_vimto

Today i went to start my bike and it wouldnt, sounded like it was dying. I do courier work on my motorcycle, After working all morning i came home for a 30 minute break. After i went to start my bike back up, the lights on dial turn on etc, pressed ignition. it tried to start the engine then stopped. Tried again and it was just making a quite noise, sounded like it was coming from the battery area. The lights on the dials also dimmed and flickered when i tried the ignition.

After it just would start, kept making the quite noise. had to call into work and cancel my jobs :/

About 2 hours later i went to try again and it started fine, I went for a quick ride, stopped engine and started fine.

Is this a sign that my battery is dieing?

luckily this happened at home and not when i was on the opposite side of london.

If it happens in future bump the bike.... stick in 2nd, clutch, get jogging forward and let out the clutch lever, quickly pull the lever back as the bike starts (or if totally boss jump on as the bike fires and ride away).

The symptoms do sound like your battery is very low or on the way out. You need a multimeter to check properly.