Blue Tooth

Yep, I remember yours coming off your helmet at a junction... Think thats where you obsession with supergluing stuff started!

LOL... Did I mention, the other day I re-enforced a gopro mount on the inside of my windshield... with superglue! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I'm new here. Read the posts re; headsets. Some useful stuff for me. Ta. But what do we do about on bike charging? Y'know, when you're on the bike for a week or so. Got no plug sockets in me tent. Stuff I've seen require 5V charging. Is there a transformer or something?

Hi all. I'm new here. Read the posts re; headsets. Some useful stuff for me. Ta. But what do we do about on bike charging? Y'know, when you're on the bike for a week or so. Got no plug sockets in me tent. Stuff I've seen require 5V charging. Is there a transformer or something?

Hi, what are you trying to keep charged? The reason l ask is that some of the cheep charges don't offer enough current to maintain the charge in some devices, they all state 5volts but it's also the current output you have to watch out for.

Hi. First time with a sat nav (tomtom rider). Thats gonna get wired to the horn I think, so that should charge as I ride. I was wondering about charging the headset while tenting in France n Spain. I assume I fit a 12V socket somewhere to plug in the headset to keep it alive? Is that how it works? BTW Why sell a bike dedicated sat nav and not provide a means to listen to it? Incredible !! Not bought a headset yet. Dunno what to get. Don't need music, don't need the phone. Just the sat nav.

That looks the business Al-Stu. Where are you gonna fit it on your ST tho?

That looks the business Al-Stu. Where are you gonna fit it on your ST tho?

I have no idea. I'm. Thinking cable under the tank and cable tie next to the ignition as the handlebar connection is removable. A lot are all built in which is no good on the sprint. Should be here tomorrow, remind me next week and I'll send you a photo if it works!

Hi, I would connect it direct to the battery reason being, you need as pure a D.C supply as possible for the charger to work properly. Connecting to circuits such as lighting or horn circuits as already mentioned could cause interference you might run into A.C circuits, also l see that this unit also has a cig lighter socket, if you plug a compressor or other high current draw accessories for instance you could end up blowing fuses or worse still cable melt down. Cracking connector l have to say, just ordered one for myself.

Just arrived. You get a spare fuse and you can either fit the handlebar connector or there is an flat attachment with a sticky pad on. The base is removable from the main unit without unsticking/removing from the handlebars.

Looks good!

You didn't use the DIN socket on the left side of the bike then Alex?.......I had a phone charger connected to it when I had the bike......slightly more expensive for the charger with a DIN plug......but less messing around with wiring...... :wink:

I was tempted but it was same money for the usb din adapter as for a fancy one to connect to battery. Wasn't sure if the din worked either so figured I'd play it safe once I'd seen this fancy adapter. Have managed to fit it on bars will upload photo when on laptop