Indicator Lights always on?

faylogan

Hi, I bought my honda msx a few month back and found that it has the indicators are lit all the time (they flash when turning) and just wandered if this was now mandatory for all bikes or if it can be removed? My bike was knocked over tonight and now one side doesnt stay lit, only flashes when button is pressed... so i now have a bike with the right indicator always on and the left out. any ideas?

That sounds like an import, jap & US spec it's common to have a dual filament bulb in the indicators so they are always on as running lights. Does the indicator have a 3rd wire going in to it?

Sounds very much like a U/S import disconnection of the marker lights is all that's required. As for the one now not flashing, have you checked the bulb is not smashed or blown?

so i bought the bike brand new from a Honda Dealer in Scotland and yeah im sure its something to do with an EU law or legislation. spoke to someone today and they said its the 2nd filament. GOD i dont have a clue what that means! does anyone know which bulb would replace it? Its a Honda MSX 125 2014 model.

many thanks y'all

best thing to do is unsrcew the orange lens and turn and remove the bulb and look at the base of the bulb if it has 2 grey blobs on it then its a 2 filament bulb if t here is only 1 grey blob then its a single chances are its a 2 then t ake that to the shop and ask for a bulb the same and refit it you should t hen be back to how you was before it broke