Touring Norway

Chrissb6

That looks awesome

Although I have heard its expensive!!

Apparently so Stu, but my god it's got to be done. We would camp, but if you take the tourist routes do hotel's and restaurant's then be prepared for some big hits. camp sites are reasonable, fuel at this moment in time is £1.65lt for unleaded not cheap but doable.

I just need to find a window in the working year for us to put this plan on launch.

Theres only one way to get to Norway direct. and thats using the DFDS freight ferry that goes from Immingham to Brevik. two departures per week.

as an example.. travelling this august.

£475 return

£253 single

motorcycle and rider

Other routes mean more ferries.. i.e. from Denmark. or. a big overland trip via, Netherlands, Germany and up into Denmark. Circa 600 miles... all assuming you want to avoid southern Sweden.

if you're gonna do something like this.. then make it an EVENT. 2 weeks probably isn't enough.

Hi Shorty,

are you saying that there trip was done at a push in 9 days? Agree the longer the better but we have to be realistic, we are looking at two weeks going by Immingham. That route alone should save us best part of a week getting just getting there and back.

Hi Shorty,

are you saying that there trip was done at a push in 9 days? Agree the longer the better but we have to be realistic, we are looking at two weeks going by Immingham. That route alone should save us best part of a week getting just getting there and back.

Depends on where you want to go. the trip in the video.. unless Ive missed something is spent entirely in the southern end of the country.. south of Trondheim anyway.. and thats only halfway to the Arctic circle and only a third of the way to Nordkapp. The country is vast.. even with a fortnight you're going to severely limit yourself so will have to pick and choose.

Riding from brevik to nordkapp is similar to riding from London to Italy in distance terms.. So, maybe it would be a good idea to keep to the south and take your time. Though to my mind the main reason for going to norway is to cross the arctic circle.. a genuine achievement. Nordkapp? not so much. But... definitely the Lofoten islands. in fact if there was one destination to have in mind.. it really would have to be the Lofoten and the road that runs almost their entire length... all 227 miles of it. (not including detours)

http://goo.gl/maps/UTU7z

http://www.sailingyachts.com/scandinavia/s_lofoten.jpg

Hi Shorty,

Depends on where you want to go. the trip in the video.. unless Ive missed something is spent entirely in the southern end of the country.. south of Trondheim anyway.. and thats only halfway to the Arctic circle and only a third of the way to Nordkapp. The country is vast.. even with a fortnight you're going to severely limit yourself so will have to pick and choose.

Riding from brevik to nordkapp is similar to riding from London to Italy in distance terms.. So, maybe it would be a good idea to keep to the south and take your time. Though to my mind the main reason for going to norway is to cross the arctic circle.. a genuine achievement. Nordkapp? not so much. But... definitely the Lofoten islands. in fact if there was one destination to have in mind.. it really would have to be the Lofoten and the road that runs almost their entire length... all 227 miles of it. (not including detours)

http://goo.gl/maps/UTU7z

http://www.sailingyachts.com/scandinavia/s_lofoten.jpg

Cheers for that info Mate it's is a big place. l've built a route that keeps us to the south - middle of Norway at the moment similar to the video. Still loads to see and do.

We drive to Norway, towing the caravan, via France, Holland,Germany, Denmark and Sweden. A great journey , and beautiful cities and countryside on the way. Norway is awesome, but yes, very expensive, especially drink. You can freecamp almost anywhere, I think, if you're sensible, but ther are a lot of small huts you can rent for not s lot of money. The scenery is breathtaking. Do the trollstiggen pass and the Atlantic road. We did s few car ferries and enjoyed them more than the tourist boats. Narrow fyjord was fabulous.

We drive to Norway, towing the caravan, via France, Holland,Germany, Denmark and Sweden. A great journey , and beautiful cities and countryside on the way. Norway is awesome, but yes, very expensive, especially drink. You can freecamp almost anywhere, I think, if you're sensible, but ther are a lot of small huts you can rent for not s lot of money. The scenery is breathtaking. Do the trollstiggen pass and the Atlantic road. We did s few car ferries and enjoyed them more than the tourist boats. Narrow fyjord was fabulous.

All those points of interest are on my list megawatt, money wise l think it well doable unless you like to eat out and be waited on and like a big booze "that's not us" That was some haul you did there with your caravan how long did it take you?