Website design

mealexme

I created a website a while back, but I'm not happy with the design www.dncbikenights.com (don't worry stu, it doesn't have a forum... yet)

I'm thinking it looks a bit bare, but don't know how to rectify this. Any ideas?

p.s I don't want it to end up too cluttered

p.p.s, I still need to work on the images on the left hand side of the page to make them look a bit more refined and uniform, so use your imagination

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Header font needs to be bigger imo

Unfortunately, I am using wordpress rather than actually making it myself, (I don't see wordpress as "proper" website design software. It's for people who don't know what they are doing, like me). The theme that I'm using at the moment gives a border around what ever image you have for the header and I can't find a way to reduce that border in the settings and I don't know enough css to go into the file and manually change it, meaning that if I make the text bigger, the whole header will become larger and I don't want it takingup any more of the screen than it already is

Need to put in pictures of real motorcycles (i.e. Bandit or Rantmachine's 'foriegn' model). :popcorn:

Whilst trying to be "legal" with this site, I only have a limited source of images I can use. "unfortunately" the bandit does not make an appearance in my library, but if anyone wants to take a good picture of their bikes, I might find a way to put it on, if it runs with the theme of the page *hint*

Bikers from across the counties regularly come together to socialize with friends and strangers at a variety of different events throughout the year. We aim to combine information ***from*** all those events into one, easy viewing platform.

Bikers from across the counties regularly come together to socialize with friends and strangers at a variety of different events throughout the year. We aim to combine information ***from*** all those events into one, easy viewing platform.

Oh, my bad. It must have been cut out when I copied and pasted it, moving it from one part of the page to another *ahem*... Was that believable?