Rear shock.

skiffer

So... my rear shock is adjustable. Normal perhaps? but I was thinking of lifting the bike as my feet are more than flat on the floor. Will adjusting that raise is?? I'm 11/12 stone fully laden. But now I'm on a winning streak in regards to tampering I kinda wanna do it myself.

Easy squeezy! Just get a "C" spanner if there's not already one in the bike tool kit and get at it!

It makes it easier if you can lift the back wheel off the floor but not essential.

My top tip for this one is count the number of threads either above or below the collar so you can put it back how it was if you don't like the new ride as raising the back will make it a bit more twitchy.

You might want to consider raising the front while you're there to maintain the current riding characteristics.

In all probability, you'll not raise the bike enough to make an appreciable difference to the height. I'm a tall one too and I can't say having OEM seat height has ever bothered me.

It's a lot more as the tic than anything.. looked at kits but the prices vary so much and they are all the same shitty bit of triangle shaped coated steel. I don't do a great deal of high speed. But then I know height can make a huge difference to straight line. Won't do anything until the new under tray comes... Might make enough of a difference for my tastes.

Adjusting it will not increase the ride hight you are just putting a little more preload on the spring you may gain a few mm but nothing worth messing about for

You need some shorter dog bones to raise the ride height or a longer shock

Suspension settings - set up is a real deep dark subject and you really need to have a read up on to do's and don'ts before you dive in. Jacking up the rear or lower the front can have a dramatic effect on how your bike handles.

Some good information here.

http://www.ohlins.com/Checkpoint-Ohlins ... rrubrik_1/

http://www.suspensionshop.org/tech_suspension_setup.php

I've read a fair bit on it and have seen a fair few mixed reviews. I wasn't and am not after any silly raises. More like a couple of cms. But yeah the slight adjustment is likely to make a fair difference to handling. Front end has what looks like rust near one of the dust seals so it needs attention before committing to any change.