Help-Megelli 125-Motard

Guest adsies99

Im new to this forum so hello everyone im adam and having some serious problems and i can not take my bike to a garrage beacuse i live in the middle of know where also my bike is the 2008 plate

So a while back I got this bike as a first bike and it ran brilliant untill the carb got clogged with shit

so ive cleaned the carb but now im having trouble with the rpm of the bike let me explain

when first turned on cold if you dont touch anything the bike will tick over fine the second you rev the bike up its as if the throttle sticks but I have checked the throttle and it defantly isnt sticking there is some marks on the slide where the idle screw sits i will take pics and upload tomorrow if that is possible here

some possibly helpfull information the exhaust is loose where it meets the engine so there is no back pressure that is a job for when i get some more studs also im running it with a non-restricive filter, pluss i do belive that the carb is missing its mixture screw but it didnt have one when i took the carb off so i didnt think anything of it

On a unrelated issue the bearings on my back wheel have been pulverised some how and that has destoryed my rear hub does anyone know of any other wheel assembly that would fit if not i will have to have the hub turned on a lave to take the next size bearings thanks for all and anyhelp

Adam

Did you put the needle back into the slide properly? So it lines back up when the slide drops back down? Could be wonky or not clipped in properly when you rebuilt it

thanks to both of you on the fast reply but the bike dosent rev when you turn the bars and i have double checked the needle in the slide is lined up properly today i have a good look over every thing and found the culprit a bit of fabric attached to something inside was stopping the needle from returning to its normal position so extra fuel was going through also finaly got the exhaust welded up today next job for the bike is to get it rewired because im having a fair few problems with lights and speedo

thanks for the help just ask if you want to see the bike still in need of a back wheel tho as its buggered and just unridable at the moment

ignore any spelling errors im just a half wit how knows how to tinker

Adam

fair enough to be fair the bike is lovely and goes so well i dont know why these bike have such a bad name they look stunning (when you have all the plastics and the original exhaust :D) its quick once deristricted im talking 20-25 hp at 8000 and thats a fair amount for a 125 4stroke and it coronrs like it was build with track in mind i think people over estimate small bikes and end up running them into the ground then complaining thats the rubbish and build like there made entirely from lego my mate has a dt125 and i can keep up no problem

currently running the bike with an apprilia racing exhaust no idea what the exhaust is off my the original was falling to peices so it had to go ill remember to take some pictures and ill upload the ones i have got if that is at all posible with my internet speeds *sighs*