Name? and how loose should it be?

Guest Kc9400

ok haha this will show how new to the scene I am.

What is this called? And how much movement should it have?

The reason I ask is because it feels a little wobbley, obviously it has the horizontal movement but also has some vertical wiggle aswell, is this right?

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd14/kc9400/10967813_10153619105269062_76026193_n_zpsg0rot63l.jpg

Another thing is I'm hearing a constant sort of ringing but not loud tone, it gets a bit louder when going quicker. Not sure if something is rubbing or whatnot.... It comes from the front of the bike.

Edited by Anonymous

Cheers Foz and Shorty, see this is what happens when I start poking around. I look at bits and think "is that meant to do that?"

Generally causing some paranoia that something is wrong when it's all normal :P

Added a bit about some noise. Going to check the brake pads in a min. Hurry up lunch break.

Possibly just the brake pads vibrating a bit, some copper grease on the back of the pads usually cures that issue.

Other than that it could be the disc slightly rubbing on a pad but not enough to cause problems.

If you try putting copper grease on the back of the front pads and it goes away, it eliminates that problem or at least pin points it better.

Possibly just the brake pads vibrating a bit, some copper grease on the back of the pads usually cures that issue.

Other than that it could be the disc slightly rubbing on a pad but not enough to cause problems.

If you try putting copper grease on the back of the front pads and it goes away, it eliminates that problem or at least pin points it better.

qualify. DON'T PUT COPPER SLIP ON YOUR FRICTION MATERIAL!!!

qualify. DON'T PUT COPPER SLIP ON YOUR FRICTION MATERIAL!!!

Silicon grease works better for the friction side..... (JOKING)

So.... what you're saying is cover it in grease, cover it all in grease and play a game of 'Speed' but on a motorbike?

I like it :lol:

But yeah, on a serious note I'll take a look and give that a try. Thanks for the advice.

Always good for the experience, and you can check if any brake caliper pistons are seized.

As I said just a decent smear on the back of the pads. As above there is a big emphasis on getting that bit right! But if you cant tell the pad from its business end and backing then Id suggest picking up a book as it's as obvious as saying nightime, it's the dark part of the day :lol: