Didn't realize he wanted some!

Guest Phil Young

Is that the stretch of the embankment with average speed cameras?..... :wink: :lol: :lol:

He had you off the lights though...... :lol: :lol:

Of course he did, I was minding my own business lol.

And if it is I'll tell you now... they don't work ;)

So it is!

You know, I thought it was this guy that I overtook just 2 mins before, coming back to try and show me who's boss LOL.

Well that sounded pretty good for a ER6!

Anyhow, my apologies Stu - you were right.

1964789_10155201302600305_3677655802417854478_n.jpg?oh=ee38d5f687189699f9396aa0d276b516&oe=5552490A&__gda__=1431529269_5633b003382e865216f2c2d012c8e35d

I've had an ER6F and this guy was probably just having a spot of fun!

Quick start, but I can hear short shifting and those twins love to be wringed. If he'd looked to catch you off guard and smoke you he probably could have made it to the next set of lights. His looks back was probably him wondering why you werent playing :lol:

There are some good sports on Londons streets at least, this usually only happens to me north of the watford gap :lol:

There are some good sports on Londons streets at least

Yeah there are loads more circumstances where Phil gets beaten off the line :popcorn:

I was actually wondering what the point of the video was.. to show he was slow of the line. slower than the other bike.. or faster once underway. like.. that should be a surprise on a R1.

most odd.

For my part.. I've had similar things happen to me. its been funny on those very rare occasion the poor chap who had 'something to prove' is there further on.. at the side of the road answering that lovely question: "Do you know how fast you were going Sir?"

I don't know about anyone else but when in that sort of situation (especially when vs a car) I actually find it more fun to make it look like I'm going to gun it - weight the bars, bring the revs up and stare at the lights - then gently saunter off the line as the opponent rips away.

If he'd looked to catch you off guard and smoke you he probably could have made it to the next set of lights. His looks back was probably him wondering why you werent playing :lol:

Maybe if I broke down :lol:

I just took off as I usually would, held him until I realized what he was trying to do and decided play myself but that was nothing from the R1 - it was a very casual acceleration.

There are some good sports on Londons streets at least

Yeah there are loads more circumstances where Phil gets beaten off the line :popcorn:

LOL... I'm not going to live that down am I!? haha... we don't have it on video, I could deny everything! :booty:

I was actually wondering what the point of the video was.. to show he was slow of the line. slower than the other bike.. or faster once underway. like.. that should be a surprise on a R1.

most odd.

For my part.. I've had similar things happen to me. its been funny on those very rare occasion the poor chap who had 'something to prove' is there further on.. at the side of the road answering that lovely question: "Do you know how fast you were going Sir?"

I could only expect this kind of response from someone that uses the phrase "most odd" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's just a bit of fun really - imagine a pizza delivery guy trying to smoke you, it would be amusing. This guy was going for it, then I realized what he was doing (because I wasn't thinking that this guy, on his ER6 would have wanted a race with an R1 :shock: LOL) and decided to take back my streets! :lol:

Of course if it was game on from the start, you wouldn't have seen him in view but I'm glad he was because it is funny the way he's going for it :lol:

Anyway, he needs to use his bike a bit more - he was trying to accelerate hard and then shifting half way through his range!? Maybe he's concerned his engine would be damaged if he took it past 7k RPM... weird.

I don't know about anyone else but when in that sort of situation (especially when vs a car) I actually find it more fun to make it look like I'm going to gun it - weight the bars, bring the revs up and stare at the lights - then gently saunter off the line as the opponent rips away.

Agreed. It is quite fun to let them think they've got you. Scooters are the best lol.

Anyway, he needs to use his bike a bit more - he was trying to accelerate hard and then shifting half way through his range!? Maybe he's concerned his engine would be damaged if he took it past 7k RPM... weird.

I was wondering if it was restricted??

I could only expect this kind of response from someone that uses the phrase "most odd" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you owned as many different things: "made in germany" as I do. then that phrase would be part of your language too.http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/motobiker/hit.gif~original

If you owned as many different things: "made in germany" as I do. then that phrase would be part of your language [strikeout]too[/strikeout] also.

Fixed to be more Germanic.

Herranjestas... Added to interpose something from Finland. Because I'm nice like that. And no, I'm not from Finland... Nor am I even slightly Germanic or indeed - Anglo Saxon. :up:

Begorrah.