Problems with Expansys?

Joeman

Anyone had any problems with Expansys?

I ordered a phone from them, its faulty, and now they wont take it back... They are saying i need to locate my nearest service center!

So i've hit them with an email detailing all the laws they have broken and started a paypal dispute for a full refund.

It just seems like another example of a big company "trying it on" by ignoring the laws of the land and hoping the customer will back down.... well not this customer!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Big company with lots of products. But they are refusing to take back a faulty product saying its not their policy to accept returns unless the fault is reported in 24hours. They are trying to say its the manufactures problem now so I should take it to a local service centre.

They are missing the point that the contract of sale was with them and not the manufacturer and faulty or not under uk law I have a 14day cooling off period during which I can return goods for a full refund.

So yet another company ive had to explain basic consumer rights to and threaten with legal action if they dont comply. Its kind of becoming a regular thing now. Company screws me over, I threaten to sue, they then comply... Why dont they just follow the rules in the first place???

So yet another company ive had to explain basic consumer rights to and threaten with legal action if they dont comply. Its kind of becoming a regular thing now. Company screws me over, I threaten to sue, they then comply... Why dont they just follow the rules in the first place???

Simple. Most people are not as tenacious. So mostly they win the war of attrition.

Well so far, Expansys are remaining silent. Not responded to my emails and not responding to my PayPal resolution case.

I'm taking their refusal to communicate and comply with my statutory rights as "aggressive business practices" which leave them open to further claims for damages and out of pocket expenses...

can you tell im bored at work??

Well so far, Expansys are remaining silent. Not responded to my emails and not responding to my PayPal resolution case.

I'm taking their refusal to communicate and comply with my statutory rights as "aggressive business practices" which leave them open to further claims for damages and out of pocket expenses...

can you tell im bored at work??

Just a little :lol:

But I'm always the person to root for the little guy when it's man vs corporation!

They get to a point where they feel profit is power, forgetting entirely that while one tree can make a thousand matches, one match can destroy a thousand trees. Never underestimate the little guy just because you are bigger!

• 2 weeks later...

Well Expansys tried every trick in the book to get me to close the PayPal case against them.

After initially stating that it was against company policy to refund for broken items unless it was reported within 24 hours of arrival, they changed their minds and offered to take the phone back, but i would not get a refund until at least 30 days later... Not Acceptable!!

Today was their deadline for responding to PayPal with their side of the story. They even sent a courier to my house yesterday, unannounced to collect the phone, but of course i was at work.

Today i logged into PayPal and sew a "Reversal from Expansys for 295.98" - so a good result a full refund!

However, there is no mention of returning the phone... i'll sit tight and wait for Expansys to figure out that i now have a free phone.... :twisted:

A top result for the "little guy". Never let these huge companies walk all over you. Know your consumer rights and stick to them in the knowledge that the law is on your side, despite the ridiculous "company policy" that have no basis in UK law that these corporate giants try to bully you into believing.

In the meantime i bought the missus a phone for 130quid which shes totally happy with, so that means im about 170 quid better off than i would have been :cheers:

I'll be publishing the complete email trail shortly. its amusing to see them squirm!