Goa to Grimsby

numptyspence

I don't know if any one has been watching the ch4 thing with guy in India recently.

But it finished with him saying he's going to go from India to goa via bike

I would love to see that happen, but can't think what route would be taken?

Goa.. is in India.. but i imagine that was a mistake and you mean he will be riding from here in the UK. (or from there to here)

I don't own a TV.. so this is just me guessing.

riding to india isn't too problematic - there are places that you absolutely must avoid though.

The safest route is probably via Russia, Kazakhstan and then into China.. entering India either directly over the China/India border or through Nepal.

The other route means passing through Pakistan and on UK plates thats going to be risky. the foreign office say 'don't. and because of that getting any kind of travel insurance will be impossible.

Fella did a similar thing a few years ago,, but he was travelling the other way, riding on Estonian plates and didn't have any problems. A lot of that came down to luck probably and because he was travelling 2-up with his wife. He avoided the worst tribal areas though.. and if memory serves had his bike flown across to near the iranian border.. then carried on. so... he spent very little time.. and miles ridden within Pakistan itself.

Watched the second and final episode yesterday, and indeed sounded like he wanted to return to the bike to the UK.. although didn't say if he planned to do it as a TV series.

Personally I don't think he'd ride the entire way as in episode 1 we saw him wait several hours for the train when many other say it would have been faster to ride it.. questionable why he didn't.

Either way was a enjoyable watch, just to short sadly.

I'm guessing the reason he took the train was the Indian railway system is something to behold.

The best service I saw was in Sri Lanka - the board for the one train stated:

"Leaving: Today

Returning: Tomorrow"

I didn't realise it was only two episode, he must have got up to loads of shenanigans! Guy's Goa to Grimsby on a BSA would kick the bollocks of Ewan McGregor and Charley Boring's yawnworthy series...

Charley Boring

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now I have to admit that I love those series, but that guy sure does whinge a lot! If you watch Race To Dakar, he spends basically the entire series saying that maybe it wasn't such a good idea and he can't be arsed. Seeing him break both his wrists in the penultimate episode made it worthwhile though :mrgreen: Plus Simon Pavey is quite a laugh to watch. I'd love to see him doing a few things in the vein of Guy Martin's shows albeit with a more dirt-road spin.

I didn't realise it was only two episode, he must have got up to loads of shenanigans!

From what I could get from what he was saying it was a short two week break from work while he was over there so probably did well to get two episodes out of that short amount of time.

I cant say that after investing £1,300 (price may be wrong or of a little) I would feel safe leaving it in (I presume) a rented garage or building in the middle of no where, gets back to the bike and finds nothing but an empty room.

I saw his book in a shop just before christmas and was very tempted, must get round to picking it up.

I didn't realise it was only two episode, he must have got up to loads of shenanigans!

I saw his book in a shop just before christmas and was very tempted, must get round to picking it up.

Ive just finished the book, was a very good read, He certainly hs led an interesting life. But then im quite a big Guy fan!

Goa.. is in India.. but i imagine that was a mistake and you mean he will be riding from here in the UK. (or from there to here)

I don't own a TV.. so this is just me guessing.

riding to india isn't too problematic - there are places that you absolutely must avoid though.

The safest route is probably via Russia, Kazakhstan and then into China.. entering India either directly over the China/India border or through Nepal.

The other route means passing through Pakistan and on UK plates thats going to be risky. the foreign office say 'don't. and because of that getting any kind of travel insurance will be impossible.

Fella did a similar thing a few years ago,, but he was travelling the other way, riding on Estonian plates and didn't have any problems. A lot of that came down to luck probably and because he was travelling 2-up with his wife. He avoided the worst tribal areas though.. and if memory serves had his bike flown across to near the iranian border.. then carried on. so... he spent very little time.. and miles ridden within Pakistan itself.

he said he was gonna put the bike into storage and as soon as he has time he will ride it back to grimsby from goa.... would be a good crack... :P