help urgently

Guest woody89

hi all new to here just looking for some info and help realy , i was cruising at 60mph in 5th gear on my generic tr125sm when all of a sudden my rear wheel locked up and was unabe to find neutral and above gears , i rode the bike home in 1st gear rather dangerous if you ask me could somebody tell me what may have broke ? also is the gearbox the same on the trigger 50 as my tr125

Quick google search says it could be one of the following;

- Engine seizure (and yes posts on BCF tell a similar story and it kept running)

- Wheel baring

- Breaks

- Chain

- Engine related bolts (not sure what exactly, < not the best answer)

">
< 50 seconds in.

Quick google search says it could be one of the following;

- Engine seizure (and yes posts on BCF tell a similar story and it kept running)

- Wheel baring

- Breaks

- Chain

- Engine related bolts (not sure what exactly,

">

None of the above!!

gearbox sounds shagged possibly bent selector fork or something

probably not even worth repairing

None of the above!!

Transmission slipping was another, darn my inaccurate list :roll: :lol:

I find it somewhat scary that one minute the bike is attempting to throw you off and then next carries on like nothing happened.

Glad the OP's ok :thumb:

If not in warranty I'd find the engine number to get the Chinese engine code (usually 3 numbers followed by 3 letters e.g. 157FMI) then go on eBay and see how much a working used lump is. If it's a common one they can cost peanuts (branding doesn't matter just match the code/type). Swap the engines to get working transport then if you feel like it at a later date open up the knackered one and have a go at diagnosing and fixing. Repairing the engines themselves on Chinese stuff can be a pain, sometimes the parts from what they copied fit but getting actual Chinese internals isn't always easy as the engines are so cheap in China they are basically seen as a single unit to be replaced if issues occur.