***Solved***HELP! not starting after riding ybr

sutty86

Evening

Absolutely peed off

Rode home for my meal break parked outside for thirty minutes

Went to go back on ,keys in attempted to push start its trying to start but not turning over

And guess what it has a missing kick start...

Didn't come with the bike

Tried pushing it but will not Still turn over...(quite difficult to push with clutch in)

So now its parked outside my house open to the elements are the tea leaves...

Anyone any ideas...

Only thing I can think of was water ingress in maybe a wire under speedo (see previous post)

Need to go find a kick start tomorrow if not or find a battery charger in petrol garage

Don't think I can jump start from car...

BTW is 2009 fuel injected

Ybr custom

Pints to anyone who can help ha

****update****

Thought it may be battery related but guess not ,trickle charged and battery is fine according to optimate and tried jump starting with leads

Still same outcome

Last time I rode I turned the engine off by kicking out the side stand(acts like a kill switch)

Don't think it has anything to do with it but I'm trying to give as Much info as poss

Please see link for what is happining

Battery is Yuasa YTX7L-BS Powersport Motorcycle Battery

Edited by sutty86

If you think it's electrical spray the offending area with wd40 it will disperse any water. When bump starting the bike you need to put it in gear and run with it and release the clutch then pull it back in as soon as the bike fires into life.

A kick start or bump start should only be needed when the correct start up procedure for your bike doesn't start the machine for whatever reason.

Does the bike have no electric start?

Also how did you get the bike started up until now?

Quick update tried bumping down some short steep hills and a long hill lights come on starts to whirr but won't start fully so cant give it gas's tried first and second gear...

Yes has push start but won't turn over no lights come.on but its trying to turn over...

You could be right about the potentially short journeys

Will try get hold of a kick start or battery charger tomorrow

Wouldn't know what to do with jumping from car

Thanks

Jumping from a car would need leads from car battery terminal to your battery terminals. But everyone needs a battery charger with a bike... so as said by others go for charging either way to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Well, they can be a lot more expensive....depending on the make and model.... :wink: You could try some bike shops, but I think you may not find a suitable bike charger for that sort of money locally.......but you never know..... :wink:

So put the bike on the optimate yesterday , left it for 24 hours came hack and the green light indicated it was fine and charged

Tried starting and same problem

Uploaded this as I'm crap at describinghttp://youtu.be/cBuUG6Dacow

Clutch is pulled in by the way(neutral is a bugger)

Even tried with jump leads to car ,still the same

So bit more information

When it was working last instead of turning off by key I kicked the side stand down which acts like a kill switch

Not sure if that has anything to do it with...

Thanks again sorry to be a pain

That rules out the battery then, check the side stand switch connections they'll be the wire that goes to the side stand. If that doesn't work check the spark by removing the spark plug and place it on the frame with the ht lead attached and press the started button it should spark a nice blue colour.

P.s. Have you got any petrol?

Could still be a fooked battery , even though you charged it , a half knackered battery can cause your problem...... Check for a spark , check fuses and side stand switch... gather you checked it for petrol, if none of them I would try a new battery .

See if you can borrow a volt meter, to test output of battery, if not ,turn your ignition on and press the horn ,if the tone is not as loud as it should be this could point to dodgy battery .

Edited by Six30

I would of thought that the side stand switch would disable the starter all together?

If the socket set has plug sockets then go ahead, normal sockets won't be deep enough

Would still turn over with bike in neutral.

Thank you all for your advice

Yes the bike has more than half fuel in.

Double checked

Not sure how I'm going to get the socket out

Going to have to find a kit tomorrow

Anyone know where I should check for side stand switch exactly

I would of thought that the side stand switch would disable the starter all together?

If the socket set has plug sockets then go ahead, normal sockets won't be deep enough

My bike doesn't turn over with the kickstand switch down or kill switch on :)

My bike doesn't turn over with the kickstand switch down or kill switch on :)

I like to start bike let it warm up a bit on side stand while I'm getting geared up, so you can't do that ? Or do you have to put it on centre stand.