ACF-50 Corrosion Control for motorcycles

nikolees

There is an art to using it and many make the mistake of covering the bike so it is dripping with the stuff. That collects the grime and crud. Use it sparingly with a cloth and for the harder to reach parts a paint brush. If you can see it there is too much on. That way the grime and crud cannot collect and cause the worst of the damage to paint work and metal.

It helps to have a warm can before you apply it and shake it so that it comes out in a fine spray. There is no point in using it on plastics.

Cheers guys, I'll give it a go a.s.a.p.!!

Do you do every metal surface??even brake discs and chain? do you also do the chain and if so before or after chain lube?

Keep it away from brake discs, use proper chain stuff as well :thumb:

As said keep it away from brakes, put an old t-shirt or towel over the discs as best as possible.. and as far as I'm aware the regular process of chain cleaner / chain lube is all that's required to keep the chain maintained (from a liquid point of view).

It has been said by other users that it might give of a funny smell when first riding the bike if used on the downpipe or exhaust, mainly because the heats burning it off.. so just be aware of how much if any you put on that area.

I find that a simple wipe down of the exhaust can and downpipe keeps it from rusting (best done just after a ride water burns quickly and cleans pipes well).

I like the idea about a paint brush for all the hidden bits.. gonna try this. I use this stuff as of last few months, Spray it onto a cloth and just wipe over all the exposed metal i can reach. Seems to keep it clean and fairly rust free so =)

I find that a simple wipe down of the exhaust can and downpipe keeps it from rusting (best done just after a ride water burns quickly and cleans pipes well).

Well, no matter how much you love her, you can't wipe her everytime you come back from commuting, but hey ho!!

And of course there's always the difficulty of having your fairings on (I'll undress her and cover the internal parts as well as I can)

And of course there's always the difficulty of having your fairings on (I'll undress her and cover the internal parts as well as I can)

My bike being chinese could be why I stick to more of a strict cleaning schedule, for the pipes at least only takes a few minutes.. and indeed not always, usually do it at the end of the night.

Also being a naked makes it easier for me to do as opposed to fairings, dependant on bike how easy the process is I guess.

Might be worth a mention but underseat electrics might need a spray as well (bit of advice that stuck out while researching the topic previously).

My bike being chinese could be why I stick to more of a strict cleaning schedule, for the pipes at least only takes a few minutes.. and indeed not always, usually do it at the end of the night.

Also being a naked makes it easier for me to do as opposed to fairings, dependant on bike how easy the process is I guess.

Might be worth a mention but underseat electrics might need a spray as well (bit of advice that stuck out while researching the topic previously).

What have you got? Please don't say a Sinnis...

you could always attach some big lumps of Zinc to your bike - that's what they do in the boating world.

The only flaw to the plan is that you would need to keep your bike submerged in water for it to work...

• 2 weeks later...