Ride Out suggestions for a 125 from London

Guest mr_man

Hi all,

I have a week off work and after 6 months of riding my little CBF I want to have a go at riding out somewhere. I will need to avoid motorways, but am willing for anything up to 3-4 hours from London as I plan to stay the night wherever I end up. Preference for roads in and around woodland (although not off road please).

Hit me up with your ideas and suggestions and I will be sure to reward you with glossy high quality images of the trip.

Many Thanks

Mr Man

Edited by Anonymous

just looking at the map... my immediate suggestion would be to head almost due south into and follow the south downs national park westwards.. skirt round the north of Southampton and then on into the New Forest. maybe as a goal.. the national motor museum at Beaulieu. probably a bit more than 3 or 4 hours riding.. but much more of an achievement and I would have thought eminently doable - there and back over two days.

Edited by Anonymous

When will you be doing this?

I too have a CBF good bike... Mine survived a 50mph crash into a brick wall....

I would have met up with you but a broken wrist will stop me doing so. Let me know next time i'll ride along..

have a safe ride

just looking at the map... my immediate suggestion would be to head almost due south into and follow the south downs national park westwards.. skirt round the north of Southampton and then on into the New Forest. maybe as a goal.. the national motor museum at Beaulieu. probably a bit more than 3 or 4 hours riding.. but much more of an achievement and I would have thought eminently doable - there and back over two days.

Great idea, thanks. I like the idea of going to the New Forest just past Southampton. I could ride out to Southampton, check in to a hotel and recover, then wake up early next day to check out the forest before riding home.

Loads of good roads down my way ?

Hastings? Looks good. If Southampton turns out to be too far then could go here. If I go for it would you be able to suggest some routes in the area? Wasn't there a battle there once? Same year as we won the World Cup right? :P

When will you be doing this?

I too have a CBF good bike... Mine survived a 50mph crash into a brick wall....

I would have met up with you but a broken wrist will stop me doing so. Let me know next time i'll ride along..

have a safe ride

Yeah, I read your other post. That doesn't sound like much fun!

Any other suggestions welcome.

Mr Man

Hi all, I have a week off work and after 6 months of riding my little CBF I want to have a go at riding out somewhere. I will need to avoid motorways, but am willing for anything up to 3-4 hours from London as I plan to stay the night wherever I end up. Preference for roads in and around woodland (although not off road please).

Wales? Up the A40 from NW London, 4-4.5 hours and 170 miles. Set off early and be there for lunchtime. Roads are great and loads of scenery to be amazed with. Weather dependent though.

Some brill roads down here and I may join you for some of them. Only me at my big house , so you're welcome to stay over if you want. I'm about 12 miles north of hastings, on A28. I'll post some routes up if you get serious about heading my way.

If you're NW London you could bimble around the Chilterns.

Nothing beats an ice cream, ring doughnuts and chips at the seaside though. :-)

Great idea! I'm in NW London and I think I will try this out first as this will be my first time going further than 10miles!

Some brill roads down here and I may join you for some of them. Only me at my big house , so you're welcome to stay over if you want. I'm about 12 miles north of hastings, on A28. I'll post some routes up if you get serious about heading my way.

Thanks for the offer! I'm house hunting at the moment so need to stay closer in case something comes up I need to view. I may make a weekend trip soon though. I will hit you up then. Thanks again.