CBT Passed and theory booked

Hi all

CBT all done at Bike Skool in Mansfieldish. Gotta say John was brilliant.

Theory all booked for 4th March and pennies saved for DAS.

Need to say hazard perception test practices I've done are odd to say the least.

What's everyone's experiences of those things?

Cheers :)

Good work =) GOod luck with the theory if you practice it's a doddle. Get someone to ask you random questions and you'll pick it up in no time.

Hazard perception is properly easy. Just click on what you think is a developing hazard and when it becomes a hazard. They're rather stupid tbh though, but necessary to ride an awesome motorbike!

Honestly I think I'll pass it, be seriously surprised if I don't!

Do find it odd that you get "penalised" for spotting it early though.

Something's have been useful in it though such as some road signs.

Cant comment on hazard perception as its probably changed since about 7 years ago, but when i did it it was fairly simple: oh look there's a big truck indicating to come into my lane, i think that may be a hazard!!

Read up on it and you'll be fine. Think there's probably online examples of both parts so do loads of those and you'll be reet. :thumb:

I'd purchased the DVD's for the theory and studied them 3-2 weeks prior to the date of the test, retaking questions I kept getting wrong etc.

Had my own revision tactics but knowing the meaning of the roads signs as well as general small facts are important, I studied multiple sections doing all questions until I knew them.. turned out that the questions on the actual test are basically near enough word for word as in the DVD, all comes down to common sense with on some questions a little bit of thought process behind the answer.

Hazard perception for me was the hardest to study for because the clips on the test aren't guaranteed to be the same as on the DVD, they're all random.. I took a moment inbetween the theory and hazard to compose myself and sat there and got myself into the mind frame of when they wanted you to click and not to often (don't worry about clicking to often and failing a clip, just don't go crazy.. or do it in a pattern).

If you have the DVD's just keep repeating mock tests and get to know your stuff, as for the hazard adapt your own technique on each clip.

Good luck :thumb:

Cant comment on hazard perception as its probably changed since about 7 years ago, but when i did it it was fairly simple: oh look there's a big truck indicating to come into my lane, i think that may be a hazard!!

Read up on it and you'll be fine. Think there's probably online examples of both parts so do loads of those and you'll be reet. :thumb:

Nope :D

I did mine last year was the same as my car one i did 7 years ago.

They ARE updating it though, but they're just refilming the exact same scenes with a better camera :D

Nope :D

I did mine last year was the same as my car one i did 7 years ago.

They ARE updating it though, but they're just refilming the exact same scenes with a better camera :D

The thing I saw when I did mine a few weeks back it looked as if they are moving on to using some animated footage rather than real footage.

Got to watch some example stuff and give feedback on what I thought of it.

They are supposed to be changing the hazard perception to be completely CGI. Not sure when though.

I had a few clips to look at and review at the end of my theory test 12 months ago. Thought they were easier as there was only one or two potential hazards as opposed to lots going down a real high street.