Cat Poo and battle with neighbors...

onesea

Me and my neighbor's are locked in a battle of wits we discuss our plans and techniques openly. As each of us inflicts a victory the other receives a defeat. Sadly my other neighbor has won this battle but we are left defending ourselves.

Victorious Neighbor: has dog's no cats venture into his gardens (they are just left to clean up there own dogs poo, a far more attractive task). Sadly work stops us getting a k9 companion.

My other neighbor and I are locked in battle. If either of us let our guard down we are in undated with poo and left watching our step.

Armament so far:

• Sonic cat repellent (worked till weather got to it),

Anti Cat Granules (works till washed away),

Anti Cat Spikes (do not last long),

Old potatoes to throw at any passing cats (works in short term but they just get smarter, although potato contact brings a smile)

Road Salt sprinkled on gravel and decking (has added benefit of killing green slime on decking, again washes away in rain, kills most plants),

Next door has installed anti cat spike or strips on the top of his fence (I am considering putting up trellising on mine),

Success it seems we have them now moving round the front to do there business. Meaning that if you get home in the dark shoes come off before you step in the house :| .

Sorry if this makes me sound like a grizzly sod, before I joined this war I could not step into the back garden/ yard without the over whelming stink of cat pee and poo. Its improved but you have to be constantly on your guard both in keeping prevention in place and where you stand :( .

People say dog owners are irresponsible sorry cat owners are worse!

Any advice appreciated.

Me and my neighbor's are locked in a battle of wits we discuss our plans and techniques openly. As each of us inflicts a victory the other receives a defeat. Sadly my other neighbor has won this battle but we are left defending ourselves.

Victorious Neighbor: has dog's no cats venture into his gardens (they are just left to clean up there own dogs poo, a far more attractive task). Sadly work stops us getting a k9 companion.

My other neighbor and I are locked in battle. If either of us let our guard down we are in undated with poo and left watching our step.

Armament so far:

• Sonic cat repellent (worked till weather got to it),

Anti Cat Granules (works till washed away),

Anti Cat Spikes (do not last long),

Old potatoes to throw at any passing cats (works in short term but they just get smarter, although potato contact brings a smile)

Road Salt sprinkled on gravel and decking (has added benefit of killing green slime on decking, again washes away in rain, kills most plants),

Next door has installed anti cat spike or strips on the top of his fence (I am considering putting up trellising on mine),

Success it seems we have them now moving round the front to do there business. Meaning that if you get home in the dark shoes come off before you step in the house :| .

Sorry if this makes me sound like a grizzly sod, before I joined this war I could not step into the back garden/ yard without the over whelming stink of cat pee and poo. Its improved but you have to be constantly on your guard both in keeping prevention in place and where you stand :( .

People say dog owners are irresponsible sorry cat owners are worse!

Any advice appreciated.

not to everyones intrest but put a cat litter tray somewhere hidden in the garden where rain wont fill it up and drop one of their poops in it that they leave in your garden then at least they will all be in one place and not being trod on.

Orange peel works on some cats, not all mind as mine just ignores it.

Is it just the one cat? If so, we had a similar issue many, many years ago. The local vet at the time suggested a water pistol. Its not harmful, but its irritating to a cat that doesnt like water.

It worked for us, the cat stopped shitting on our lawn, so it may be of use to you too

Just have to add how are cat owners irresponsible, what exactly are they supposed to do about cats using gardens as a toilet.

Also cats usually cover and bury there turds.

Not sure why cats round you should leave enough to worry about standing in the stuff, I've never known anyone have this problem... Digging in flower beds possibly but that's it.

Just have to add how are cat owners irresponsible, what exactly are they supposed to do about cats using gardens as a toilet.

Also cats usually cover and bury there turds.

Not sure why cats round you should leave enough to worry about standing in the stuff, I've never known anyone have this problem... Digging in flower beds possibly but that's it.

Not own cats :D

Seriously having had dogs most of my life if I did with a dog what people do with a cat.

Letting it run round in the road unattended,

Let it go into other peoples gardens and poo and pee all over them,

Running round trying to kill wild animals birds mice rabbits etc,

I know some dog owners do but there is a FAR higher proportion of cat owners...

I have never been a cat fan but now when barely a day goes by without cat poo appearing in the garden it does get frustrating. Today's message is only vented because they pooped on the front path (a first) and it got walked in, not something I want to happen daily.

Why the high % of cats probably because we don't have a cat or dog so we do not have the deterrents suggested above.

Do not panic I would not poison them, water pistol I will borrow my daughters plus a Nerff Gun to assist with the potatoes.

I've had both and now we have 4 cats, I say I've it's been the women TBH I wouldn't bother with them.

I'd never have dogs again far too demanding and that's why people have cats,they are independent animals and the total opposite to dogs.

It's unfortunate you have this problem guess the water pistol and patrol is your best course of action hopefully it gets the message.

Is it just the one cat? If so, we had a similar issue many, many years ago. The local vet at the time suggested a water pistol. Its not harmful, but its irritating to a cat that doesnt like water.

It worked for us, the cat stopped shitting on our lawn, so it may be of use to you too

This is exactly the tip my grandad (who was an avid gardener) gave to me. He had a little squirty jobbie which worked a treat.

I used a supersoaker. Much more fun sniping the neighbour's cats and has been utterly successful and entertaining. :-)

I thought I should Google up some appropriate size Water pistols....

Think I might of go carried away :twisted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMIgexVD9Y4

Not certain I would want the water bill though :mrgreen:

Thanks for the help guys various none lethal weapons to hand, still looking for the solution that does not involve stalking cats......

Use a water pistol filled with orange juice, cats hate orange and will have to lick it off

they wont come back

Cats usually bury their crap. Seen any foxes around?

just what i was thinking...

Upload so pics.

My cat poos in the garden and buries it. my labrador then goes and digs it up and eats it.

My gran chucks teabags in her flowerbeds and apparently that works.

Next doors has some green lilt bottles filled with water on his veg patch to stop them.

Someone in our village put antifreeze down for them, but not the new stuff. And its cruel.

Foxes poo is usually pointy, gos greyish in the sun and if you break it in half is held together with hair.

They poo in certian areas to.

If its fox then the amount should of decreased because the vixens will be down with cubs now.

My gran chucks teabags in her flowerbeds and apparently that works.

Next doors has some green lilt bottles filled with water on his veg patch to stop them.

Someone in our village put antifreeze down for them, but not the new stuff. And its cruel.

Someone put antifreeze down near me and i lost one of my cats 2 days before xmas just gone because she drank some, chronic kidney failure i would gladly make the drink it themselves.

Teabags aparantly work though