bearing removal

mealexme

Any tips? I have a removal tool, but because the spacer (or what ever it is) is in the wheel, and is the same diameter as the bearing, so even though the tool has a lip on it, it cant sit in behind and has nothing to grip onto, it just slides back out again

So, to the screwdriver through the wheel to knock it out the other side technique. Nope. Hit it as hard as you like and the thing wont f*ing budge!

I NEED it back on the road by tomorrow, I'll probably be working on it over night or a bit in the morning, so need help with it asap

are you using a blind bearing puller?

the lip should slot between the spacer and the bearing but it will be very tight and you have to get it right

if you want to knock it out from the other side you will need something better that a screwdriver

also apply some heat to the wheel a hair dryer will do this will expand the alloy and make removal easier get it really warm so the heat goes through

If this is wheel bearings an appropriate piece of pipe and a mallet is always a good idea!

Then with the replacements, drive the new bearing in using the old bearing and a piece of pipe as a driver. Cut the old bearing with an angle grinder so it becomes slightly too small for the hole.