helmet cam question

The simple answer is most decent good quality cameras worth their money come with mounts included with the sale of the camera, usually a double sided sticky pad for the motorbike helmet and a suction cup for the car dashboard (if not then i'm sure the mounts are available as an extra).

GoPro or Drift are from what I can tell the two leading manufactures in action cameras at the moment.

Be sure to do some research on the needs you have, the basic GoPro can be purchased for £99 however doesn't include an external mic port (if you wanted to do commentary) or as many features as the GoPro Hero 3/+.

Looking for one myself and would be interesting to get owners reviews, as far as I can tell the GoPro Hero 3+ provides good quality, features all for an affordable price, also from what I can tell offers better quality than the drift.

Comes down to budget to be honest as to what model and brand you get.

im not bothered about a mic its more for insurance to be honest, my mate got cut up and rear ended someone and with the proof of the camera the other fella got done for wreckless driving, that wouldnt have happened if he didnt have video proof, saved his insurance claim.

If it's just a camera your after then the GoPro Hero witch is their basic model I mention can be pruchased via amazon sold by GoPro directly for £94;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GoPro-CHDHA-301 ... ords=gopro

Camera Specs & Details;

http://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/cameras/hero ... aster.html

Bike helmet mount;

http://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/mounts/side- ... KE&start=1

Might be worth watching quality test videos on youtube as well as an unboxing to see what comes with it.

hope that helps :thumb:

Unless cash is really tight.. avoid the basic go-pro. because the battery can't be changed... what you're buying is a rather expensive disposable. As and when the battery wont accept a re-charge. its fit only for the bin.

Ive got a sj1000 that i use on the bike and car and just borght a sj4000. Be carefull buying the 4000 alotare fakes . If it dosnt say sjcam below the lense its a fake.

The 4000 comes with a usb lead but the 1000 comeswith a 12v cig lighter lead .

Both can be set to record whrn it recives power.

The mounts are decent to.

Ive got a sj1000 that i use on the bike and car and just borght a sj4000. Be carefull buying the 4000 alotare fakes . If it dosnt say sjcam below the lense its a fake.

The 4000 comes with a usb lead but the 1000 comeswith a 12v cig lighter lead .

Both can be set to record whrn it recives power.

The mounts are decent to.

Hey, I checked some reviews on SJ4000 some off them says its cheap build and very vulnerable. but to pay extra

150 £ for go pro hero 3 ;/ I dont know. But if I spend 150 for just a little better. I would pull my hair like the other fella :D any other suggestions?

For 150 you could buy 2x Mobius action cameras and have plenty of change..

Fix one in the car and the other on the bike.

GoPro are good cameras but too bulky for inside your windscreen.

That Mobius is very dodgy gadget, cant find a decent website where to buy it, either dodgy website, or reviews horrible ;/ just puts me off buying it. + no waterproof case including. :/ where did you buy yours?

That Mobius is very dodgy gadget, cant find a decent website where to buy it, either dodgy website, or reviews horrible ;/ just puts me off buying it. + no waterproof case including. :/ where did you buy yours?

its not dodgy at all. for the price its a fantastic little camera. for the price of a gopro you could probably buy three of them!

Ultimately you need to be honest about what you want the camera for. if you want broadcast quality footage, then the GoPro wins hands down on quality, but it is bulky and you look a nob with it stuck to your helmet or in you car window.

If you just want an evidence camera to record the idiots on the road, then you don't need to shell out loads of money for broadcast quality equipment and the Mobius or other cheap cameras are perfectly adequate.

Also you dont want to leave anything too expensive on display in your car else it will get stolen.

The Mobius can easily be hidden away out of sight - the Gopro cant.

And there is a waterproof case for the mobius..

If you want good honest reviews of cameras, check out Techmoan's youtube channel:

">

Ultimately you need to be honest about what you want the camera for. if you want broadcast quality footage, then the GoPro wins hands down on quality

I agree. You get what you pay for and the gopro stands head and shoulders above the rest. No amount of posts opposing this on forums can change that fact. Professional film and TV producers use them, there's a reason for that. They're a quality product. Cheapo copies will never, ever come close and most attempts to justify their existence are largely redundant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSpe8mtSH1M

Raw footage from my gopro 3+. Watch in HD and see how much better it is compared to the copies. Worth the extra money IMO.

Hi chaps,

I'm looking for a camera gyro-stabilizer, so I can make "MotoGP style" videos with my GoPro on track days.

Any suggestions, ideas? I haven't found anything so far, I have just heard of this www.darewarelabs.com that apparently is making something like that.

Anyone?

Derek