Back to square one - Engine trouble

Glorian

Right. So after spending a shite load of money to have all the engine torn apart and checked after a ride home in the rain (light) yesterday the engine started to splutter and struggle after about 10 minutes. Managed to get home and it was on/off doing this still.. So to me it sounds more like an electrical issue no? So as i had ONE ignition coil changed. i might change the other to make sure it's not that buggering about.

Other than that any suggestions?

It's more..

Say im going down A12 at 70 (yeah right) 6th gear at about 6000RPM. Then i hold the throttle and power will feel like it's disappearing, revs drop down 2-3000RPM and a second or so later they jump back to where they were..

Also when going around at slower speeds in second gear i open the throttle to accelerate up a hill and it chugs as if it's not getting all its power out.

Sounds like a fuelling issue to me mate, check the fuel filter if it has one? Then the hoses and air vent on the fuel tank , then check the carb floats jets etc.

Hope your soon sorted

Carb floats were broken (2 of them) so he replaced all 4 while he had it all open. Will check fuel filter but it has done almost 200 miles without issue last 2 weeks, just seems in the rain it's gone kaput.

This may help or it may not but I had a bike do a similar thing once. Couldn't work out what it was. Some days it was worse than others. Always seemed to tick over fine and on a little bit of throttle say below 30 it didn't seem to bad. Anyway because I couldn't get it sorted I sold it to a shop. They had it standing for a while and when it did eventually get sold on the test ride it broke down. Turns out it was the fuel pump on its way out, and when it actually broke for good it made it easy to spot.

This may help or it may not but I had a bike do a similar thing once. Couldn't work out what it was. Some days it was worse than others. Always seemed to tick over fine and on a little bit of throttle say below 30 it didn't seem to bad. Anyway because I couldn't get it sorted I sold it to a shop. They had it standing for a while and when it did eventually get sold on the test ride it broke down. Turns out it was the fuel pump on its way out, and when it actually broke for good it made it easy to spot.

Hmm might be worth a gander! A lot of people have mentioned that. Only thing is why would it stop in the rain? Gonna try it tonight see how it runs.