ajs jsm 125 cuts out when standing up

Guest Michaelreece

my ajs jsm 125 has had a lot of problems recently, firstly it cut out whenever i gave it any throttle and then it wouldnt start at all. i took the carb out and found petrol and water in it. once the carb was clean i put it back in and it ran perfectly on its stand, however when i take it off the stand and rev it the bike cuts out.

Any advice or suggestions?

hi and welcome to the forum pop into newbies and introduce yourself,altho the advice given here is free and in goodwill its nice to know that by helping others they stayaround and join in with the forum instead of just using it as a free source of information.now your bike are you talking about side stand or main stand ?if its side stand chances are its the switch located down next to the stand which acts as a cut out for the engine if the stand is still down and you go to put the bike into gear it might of got stuck or be burnt out,clean it up and see if its moving in and out ok if it is follow the wires up to connecting plug unplug it and put a smal piece of wire between the 2 sides of the connector and plug it back in and see if bike runs then