deleted

Classickid21

Taken from the NHS website http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/chilblains/Pages/Introduction.aspx

"Treating chilblains:

Chilblains will often get better on their own without treatment after a week or two.

Several creams and lotions are available that claim to treat chilblains, but there is no clinical evidence that they work and they are not recommended.

If your chilblains are severe and they keep returning, your GP may recommend taking a daily tablet or capsule of a medication called nifedipine. This works by relaxing the blood vessels, improving your circulation.

Nifedipine can be used to help existing chilblains heal or can be taken during the winter to stop them developing."

I used to get them so bad that my fingers would grow to twice the size and the skin would split, they were terrible. I used chilblain ointment and it seemed to ease them a bit. I still get them now but not as bad because I always try to keep my hands warm as much as possible. That's why I got muffs for my bike to help keep them warmer.

I used to get them so bad that my fingers would grow to twice the size and the skin would split, they were terrible. I used chilblain ointment and it seemed to ease them a bit. I still get them now but not as bad because I always try to keep my hands warm as much as possible. That's why I got muffs for my bike to help keep them warmer.

Twice the size , really !

You must of took some pics

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya guys and girls

Been little while since I've been on here, getting ready to move out the country.

We found that Nelson frost bite brought the swelling down alittle bit, we are back up the docs this week, as she had a blood test because last few months lost a lot of weight with no change of diet, docs said it could b possible it's linked to the chill blains when I speak my parter after work I'll find out what it was the docs called it.

Thank you for all the replys