winter glove feedback

Hello winter riders,

As we near the end of Feb and supposedly move closer to the start of spring, just want to get feedback from you about how your winter gloves have gone/ are going. do they do the job? would you get them again or would you look for something else.

i got Alpinestars Apex DS gloves. they've kept my hands dry and warm for most of the winter. but i've needed to buy a pair of Lowe Alpine thinsulate gloves to keep my fingers warmish when it was really cold. they are good gloves, not too bulky but not quite warm enough for the fingers. I have a RST Paragon IV textile jacket that the sleeve fits snug around the outside of the glove.

I'm going to be looking for some warmer ones for next winter.

Ok, so not the most helpful feedback as I still only have the same summer gloves I have owned since I started biking a few years ago that I heat up on the radiator before I leave the flat...BUT! I desperately wanted these gloves, but couldn't justify the money this year as it has been a tight one...tried them on and felt so soft and warm and lovely! Looked online, tonnes and tonnes of good feedback. I'll buy them next winter and let you know :wink: :lol:

The website description...

• Richa motorcycle winter gloves with Gore-Tex

• Visordown Verdict: The warmest winter gloves

• Absolutely waterproof: Test verdict 10/10

• The right balance between bulk (warmth) & comfort

• Knuckle armour, Superfabric (?! :lol: ) & Gore-Tex liner

£99.99! (£100 then...! Hate the .99 thing haha)

richa_cold_protect_motorcycle_gloves_GTX_fluo_pu.jpg.f95b22c4ca588a4d6f66d5aa81fbb429.jpg

Super fabric addresses the biggest concern people have had with textile clothing: friction burns. It's made from tiny ceramic beads bonded to the outside of the fabric.. In an off the ceramic is what rubs against the Tarmac. It's tough and crucially doesn't get hot due to friction at anything like the same rate of ordinary textiles.. Nor will it wear away so quickly. Result... Much reduced chance of friction burns and holes worn through fabric in a slide... So less chance of you being hurt by either.

I have the Rukka R star 2 in 1 winter gloves... And they're fantastic. Not a cheap option though. Goretex waterproofing and heated grip friendly.

I know im going to get shot down for saying this (but here goes anyway!!!)

but the best way to keep them fingers stay dry and feeling the controls is

1 Have heated grips

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Oxford-Products-OF691-Heated-Grips/dp/B009T4J4Y6

2 Have thin summer gloves

http://www.getgeared.co.uk/WEISE_Streetfight_Motorcycle_Gloves

3 Put the gloves and the heaters in some muffs

http://www.bikermart.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=grpbox

Then go out in all weathers, and smile as your hands are toasty and warm

I used several different winter gloves for the past 3 years and always got cold hands after awhile, this year i got some Tucano muffs and just used my summer gloves and never got cold hands once.

The best £40 i ever spent, the only down side is they restrict the controls a bit and take a little getting used to which can be frustrating if you have a technical journey in a city etc...

I have same issue, I have a 27 mile motorway treck to work. My hands have really suffered this winter. Need to invest myself in some good winter gloves, heard heated grips are good, there are other types not just Oxford ones, ide check others out and read reviews.

Ok, so not the most helpful feedback as I still only have the same summer gloves I have owned since I started biking a few years ago that I heat up on the radiator before I leave the flat...BUT! I desperately wanted these gloves, but couldn't justify the money this year as it has been a tight one...tried them on and felt so soft and warm and lovely! Looked online, tonnes and tonnes of good feedback. I'll buy them next winter and let you know :wink: :lol:

The website description...

• Richa motorcycle winter gloves with Gore-Tex

• Visordown Verdict: The warmest winter gloves

• Absolutely waterproof: Test verdict 10/10

• The right balance between bulk (warmth) & comfort

• Knuckle armour, Superfabric (?! :lol: ) & Gore-Tex liner

£99.99! (£100 then...! Hate the .99 thing haha)

i have these, can confirm they are fine for my rides to work at 2am and -4c

i have these, can confirm they are fine for my rides to work at 2am and -4c

I have the Richa GTX gloves too. Very warm and totally waterproof. Been using them all winter. Recommended!

How far is your commute? I find most gloves are ok for short/slow rides but after 30 mins at motorway speeds a lot of gloves fail to keep your hands warm and dry especially in wind and rain and - temps.

If a Goretex glove leaks - then Goretex themselves will give you a refund. Doesn't matter if the gloves only had a manufacturers warranty of a year.. or possibly two.

So long as the glove is intact - so, no damage from an off. or because it was badly made and stitching has come apart. it is guaranteed waterproof by Goretex themselves without any time limit put on that guarantee.

This is why Goretex tends to be a little more pricey. They demand a very high level of workmanship and Q/C from the companies they supply and offer a warranty thats entirely independent of that company.