Help needed

BigDuncsPunch

I am traveling to the IOM TT on the 6th June from Heysham. I am looking for overnight stay on the 5th as my ferry is early the next morning and Heysham is around two and a half hours away from my home and don't want to run the risk of being late. Can anyone suggest a B&B or hotel with secure or off road parking in the area?

Nothing much around Haysham Mate, having done it so many times before, l would set off early roll up get in the queue then crash out with the rest.

Some of the Bikers there have travelled from all parts of Europe ridden for days - hrs.

2.5hrs from your home to the ferry is just a skip and a jump.

P.S

l do know that there is a travel lodge not to far away but l also heard of bikes being stolen from there. The thought of having your bike nicked along with all your gear going to the TT is not a nice thought.

l think l would sooner stay with my bike and crash out over tank for an hour or 2

Fair point, it makes me sound a bit lazy when you put it like that. And more to the point it's not really worth entertaining the thought of my bike being stolen.

Have to say Mate, when it comes to going to the TT l'm pumped and buzzing not a chance of missing the ferry by sleeping in. If the weathers good its a good craic at the port taking in the atmosphere with all the bikers

Camp site at Union Mills is sound Mate it's just a few miles outside of Douglas right on the TT coarse. Not an issue going on your own just muck in and enjoy, bikers are bikers always up for a chat and a good time. Top tip, take some extra guy lines and some strong pegs for the tent just in case there's a good blow - storm, and also don't forget to take a plate to slip under your side stand as there's no hard standing there.

Any other info or help don't hesitate to drop a line.

Apart from campfire gatherings, all the pubs will be bursting Mate, with live bands bike and club rally's, check out your make of bike there's bound to be a gathering somewhere for a good meet up.

This a list from last years TT

http://www.iomtt.com/~/media/Files/2014 ... 0final.pdf

Nice one pal, looks as though there is more then enough on to keep people entertained. Will you get that in your program?

You'll need a week to get over it Mate, yes plenty of info in the programme. Also don't forget to take a good portable radio with you to listen to race commentary and catch up on events happening on the island. A radio is a must.

I am traveling to the IOM TT on the 6th June from Heysham. I am looking for overnight stay on the 5th as my ferry is early the next morning and Heysham is around two and a half hours away from my home and don't want to run the risk of being late. Can anyone suggest a B&B or hotel with secure or off road parking in the area?

Get up 2 and a half hours earlier and ride to Heysham would be my suggestion. Don't throw money down the drain, you'll need it for the island! :mrgreen:

Yeah I getting that a lot, deffo an early morning trip then crash out when at the ferry terminal. How far is union mills from the ferry terminal in IOM? Can I get to it if the racing has already started? I'm due in at 1:45pm on the 6th- can't seem to find race schedule anywhere.

Hi Mate, its not far at all about 3miles, but unfortunately you cannot get there when the road is closed.

https://www.pitchup.com/campsites/Engla ... -campsite/

Suggest you get a map and check out the back routes, there are plenty get yourself up to the circuit then wait till the roads open to get into the camp site

I'm guessing that it's will start around 11am on the 6th, so it's likley the roads will be closed. Is there a break Inbetween the two races so I can get on there? Thanks for the map but that's for Glenlough Farm Campsite, is that close to union mills?

Hi Mate, the roads are closed from start to finish on race day. The camp site is just out side Union mills on the left at the top of the hill.

Not a chance to get there during the races.

Road closure times from last year, this year will be somewhere near the same. So that will be 9.30am to 5pm

http://www.iomtt.com/TT-2013/~/media/Fi ... 02013.ashx.

http://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/ne ... QAmpHFyYdf

If it was me, l would get a map and jump straight in and set off up the back roads to find a vantage point.

In Douglas where the ferry docks the viewing points will be rammed, if you want a good spot there it a very much get in there early. Sat navs will offer guidance but a map is always very handy. Top tip, just take your time and ease yourself into it. Roads opening on the TT coarse after the races is an experience in itself. Don't get sucked in, there are police with camera's and plenty of foreign riders there who can and do get excited and make mistakes. Not trying to scare you it is megger!

keep on asking, if l can offer a answer l will get back

• 1 month later...