Hel brake line

KTM21

I've just got a new hel brake line for my bike and the majority of the line is covered by nylon tubing. I'm just wondering what it's for, it seems weird that you would buy a coloured brake line to then have half the colour covered by black tubing. Do I need the tubing on there?

IMG_1829.thumb.JPG.e6410226a6d2bcf6a959787f8e306f51.JPG

Could be to stop chaffing if the line runs through clips or the frame or it could be for shipping. What do HEL say?

There's nothing in the instructions about it and I couldn't find anything on Google. I thought it was for shipping at first but the only way to remove it would be to cut along the line. Would they really make it that hard to remove?

I just gave hel a call and they said "it has to stay on the line because it strengthens it and could be dangerous if it was removed". Why would it only come with for certain model bikes though? tbh i'm still thinking about just cutting it off.

Hi, I would say like the rest it's extra protection for the routing and clipping. That exterior black sleeve looks like heat shrink trying to remove it will almost certainly knacker the hel hose coating up, just fit and forget.

Stick it on and see what it looks like. If it looks gash then you'll be able to remove some of the sleeve so it only covers areas that could chafe.

Good idea, I'll just leave bits of tubing underneath the clamps :)