MotoGP style camera stabilizer

Guest derek.thorvg

Hi chaps,

I'm looking for a camera gyro-stabilizer, so I can make "MotoGP style" videos with my Gopro on track days.

Any suggestions, ideas? I haven't found anything so far, I have just heard of this www.darewarelabs.com that apparently is making something like that.

Anyone?

Derek

I'm looking for a camera gyro-stabilizer, so I can make "MotoGP style" videos with my Gopro on track days.

Google the word "gimbal". There's loads of different types for all sorts of cameras and mounts.

I use a Zenmuse on my quadcopters but they tend to be a little pricey.

Hey guys,

I'm not a spammer.... I'm just looking for a mount that works.

I have tried Google, but it does not help much for a bike mount. Tried a few Ebay options, Chinese stuff, but they're all crap.

Tried a few boards like Martinez, but they're too tricky to be calibrated.... and with loads of wires. Also tried the Hummingbird moto-mod, but it has stopped working after just 3 weekends (I believe because of weatherproofing-related problems).

DJI Zenmuse, honestly is too large to go on top of the tank :( and real real expensive.

I just want to get decent footage during tracking days ;) Suggestions?

;) That looks good, thanks for the post.

However, as I mentioned I have a GoPro already. Would not downgrade it to a Contour plus spend time/money making the gyroscopic mount myself. Apparently it is a very complicated thing.

Derek.

A servo and a tail rotor gyro from an RC helicopter - it would be dead easy to make.

If you have access to the 3D printer, it would be even easier.

surprised there are no kits available on the net? (ive not looked)

Tried two different tail rotor stabilizers from RC choppers, both did not work smoothly - plus they work with digital servos (very power hungry).

I could not find any kit out there so far, only MickeyMouse solutions. And nobody is willing to sell :(

Dying here for a gyro-stabilized camera!

Or you could make an old fashioned gyro out of a bastardised camera mount, a cheap electric motor and something to act as a flywheel. :-)

Thats Proper old school!!

Get the motor and flywheel out of an old cassette player.