GPZ Carbs reinstall

NearOn

Hi

I have been trying to get my carbs back on, and recently had help from another forum member Eastangliabiker, big thanks again to him! But basically now I have them pretty much back on but when it comes to lining them up with the airbox rubbers I cant quite see how they pop in.

I cant even remember how they sat originally. They have clicked into place on the manifold side. I'm guessing on air box side needs to be tight fit too in order to stop anything escaping?

Cheers all

• 3 weeks later...

I find a gentle bit of persuasion with a rounded of flat head screwdriver can get the rubbers to line [be very careful not to use to much force] and then lever the airbox from behind .It usual only needs to move half an inch max to pop on.Also depending on the age the rubbers can go hard and then it'snot impossible just requires more use of Anglo-Saxon words to achieve. Good Luck

• 3 weeks later...
if you look at the rubbers where they go into the airbox there is a groove in the rubber seal so one side of it needs to go inside the airbox often needs blunt tool of some kind to help it along to make sure it goes in correctly

I got them on in the end and guess what, its running! Finally! Though much credit goes to good people like yourself, Adam and my father in law who came and helped me. We had to put a new fuel tap kit on and vacuum hose but runs now,albeit somewhat clunky. Think going to try sell now as want something bigger as just feels bit too cramped on it.

• 2 weeks later...
Glad you got it sorted, when I first took mine off I found this left from a previous owner / service http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa3/tankbag/FILTER.jpg

What a nice gift from them! Mines now for sale, the goal before the year is out is to replace it with an XJR1300.