Cure for boredom?

Adam

I have a new job working away from home which is going really well and the money is more than good, however I find myself getting bored in my hotel room in the evenings. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to keep me entertained especially with summer coming up I'm going to be missing my bike as riding to work isn't an option.

And keep it clean!! ;)

I tried working away a few times over the years. Always ended up spending more than when I worked at home so decided it wasn't for me. The boredom is hard to get over I always found.

Try playstation , reading a book, TMBF. Go jogging and find to find how to get around the place you are working. Leisure centre.

Every time I work away I tell myself I won't go out, then I spend half an hour in the hotel, and wake up the next morning with a banging head, serious damage to my bank account and no recollection of what happened.

I hate it.

Take up a hobby.........I used to take my guitar and a headphone amp with me....... 8-)

:stupid:

I look up nearby bell-ringing practices and get to the tower to join in - It is inevitably followed by a social gathering down the pub.

:cheers:

Didn't take you for a campanologist Al. :-)

I strongly dislike working away from home for that very reason - there are only so many DVDs you can watch or beer you can drink. A hobby sounds like a good idea though - never though of taking a guitar or anything like that.

I sometimes bring a camera and go out taking piccies, or play endless amounts of Loco Roco on my PSP :lol: Or on the rare occasion I have a private commission on the go, I bring my laptop and work on that. Although a lot of the time I go out for a drink with our regional staff so we have a better rapport for the remainder of the trip. Or I go there on my bike, because I have that luxury and the company pay so darn much for petrol that I'd be insane not to :angel12:

When I work away, normally on various courses.

I always book a hotel with a gym.

So end of working day. 1 hr gym.

Couple of pints before/during meal.

couple pints after meal.

Decent book and I'm done for the night.

Didn't take you for a campanologist Al. :-)

I strongly dislike working away from home for that very reason - there are only so many DVDs you can watch or beer you can drink. A hobby sounds like a good idea though - never though of taking a guitar or anything like that.

I don't study bells - I ring them. The social side is amazing (probably the same for other 'group' activities). I regularly just turn up at a 'new' tower and get accepted as 'one of the family', they nearly always buy me a beer afterwards as well!

I call that a definite 'result'.

:cheers:

I have a new job working away from home which is going really well and the money is more than good, however I find myself getting bored in my hotel room in the evenings. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to keep me entertained especially with summer coming up I'm going to be missing my bike as riding to work isn't an option.

And keep it clean!! ;)

Try http://www.alison.com or any similar site and study something totally new and unrelated to your day job.