Is that it for Top Gear?

Throttled

Has Top Gear finally come to end?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31824040

Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended by the BBC "following a fracas" with a producer.

The corporation said the 54-year-old presenter had been suspended "pending an investigation".

"No one else has been suspended. Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday," it said.

Clarkson was given what he called his "final warning" last May after claims he used a racist word while filming the popular BBC motoring show.

At the time, he said the BBC had told him he would be sacked if he made "one more offensive remark, anywhere, at any time".

I hope not, but I suspect Clarkson's role is at an end. A change in format is long over due and I think Vicki Butler-Henderson would be a good match with May and Hamster.

Must say. Each to their own but I can't stand the bloke.

Even tried to read to read one of his books to see if any hidden depth was there. Sadly not.

And no I'm not one of the pc brigade but if Clarkson doesn't end up in politics as a UKIP poster boy I'll bare me arse in co op window....lol

He sold the rights to the bbc in 2012, so it's not like they can just go to another channel either

If the idiots at the been finish him hopefully he can start a different show on another channel,top gear would die...well for me at least.

He's funny bloke.. Bit annoying but provides humor and takes it to the edge, people are to thin skinned. If he goes, top gear is over and people will miss it, It'll probably just get re-made on a different channel "highest gear" or something ha

It sounds like the "punch" he threw was not even a punch. It's now emerging he had a row and aimed a punch, which to me sounds like it missed or was more a threat.

Obviously punching someone is not nice, but maybe the guy insulted his mother. So we wait for the dirt to come out in the wash and not go on what is reported by one side.

That said, the BBC is an over sensitive left wing committee... They seem to want to over punish a punch to make up for the fact they covered up child abuse for decades...

Ha ha. That makes him a bigger clown if he threw n missed.;-)

It's more likely to mean he held up his fist and made a threat in the midst of a row.

Approaching 300,000 signatures on the petition! Inside 18 hours of it being up. Obviously people don't want to lose the show :cheers:

Latest rumour I've heard is that the row was over food not being ready after a day of filming but Clarkson and this producer will have worked with each other for years, surely. They'll know what's serious and how to set each other off.

I don't think it'll be nearly as good without him. They've all managed to really upset people before, look up how May got sacked from Autocar.

Read into this what you will but they're not filming today out here and Wednesday is the usual filming day

I like the guy. You take him as he is dnt take him too serious i think he is funny. Dont really care if he isnt a buddhist monk in his spre time. One of his latest tweets is 'having a beer waiting for the storm to pass'

I say get rid of hammond and May, let them do their children's shows that they love doing, and put TopGear on after 9pm and let Jezza say what he really wants to say.

Seems that punching someone gets you suspended from the BBC, but if you're a serial kiddie fiddler, you get promoted??

BBC licence money well spent...

Bingo, this whole thing feels to me like they are just trying to over punish things now to somehow make up for the fact that they covered up the hundreds of children a kiddie fiddler got to simply because he made them money.

Clarkson could easily just walk out on the BBC and start his own show for another channel, or even forget TV all together and start a YouTube channel. he'd be the boss, and he could say what he liked then.

Why is it that its getting pulled anyway? I would have thought doing a quick edit for some "specials" would be a good idea until things were sorted out. I mean, surely they don't do ALL the filming the week before.

I mean, looking at the trailer which aired a few weeks before it aired, it showed them testing the new jag, pulling the landrover up the damn, theres stuff I dont think thats been aired yet in there too.

Anyway, in any business, if someone gets sacked, no matter who, the business still runs, so why should top gear stop just because it lost on of it's stars?

Why is it that its getting pulled anyway? I would have thought doing a quick edit for some "specials" would be a good idea until things were sorted out. I mean, surely they don't do ALL the filming the week before.

I mean, looking at the trailer which aired a few weeks before it aired, it showed them testing the new jag, pulling the landrover up the damn, theres stuff I dont think thats been aired yet in there too.

Anyway, in any business, if someone gets sacked, no matter who, the business still runs, so why should top gear stop just because it lost on of it's stars?

They film the studio segment that the audience go to see on the Wednesday before the episode airs, it's a day long event and they do the star in the reasonably priced car. So you usually know what weather they have before the show actually airs!

Also Jeremy in a way MAKES top gear what it is. Its appeal is there are three average looking buffoons doing it. They are established as characters and they've only gained popularity in terms of net shift. Love him or hate him, he does make good TV.

The bbc is just a massive pedo ring. Top gears getting abit crap, they have done the funny stuff and now there just dragging it out.

Clarkson is the top gear brand. Without him it would go belly up.