Does water sit on fuel????

skiffer

Second time I've noticed this... when the tank is in its bottom say quarter. It's lost power and cut out when out n about. Top the fuel and the problems gone.

I'm thinking my riding is stirring up the lower levels and making any water enter the system. As full choke and it'll fire up again straight away.

Makes me wanna purge the tank and start from fresh.

Only when it's heading towards filling up time..

Might just empty that beast out then. Anyway to clean a tank out??

Must be something undesirable getting into the mix. Cos it only dies when throttle open and heading for empty.

P's the heading for my topic is pretty damn stupid. I did know this but was open to new information.

check your tank breathers!

or wait till it does it again and open the tank if you hear a whoosh of air in to the tank then you have a blocked breather causing a vacuum which stops the fuel flow

check your tank breathers!

or wait till it does it again and open the tank if you hear a whoosh of air in to the tank then you have a blocked breather causing a vacuum which stops the fuel flow

So with my bike.. I have literally only the one exit. Which is where the fuel exits. It's has the twisty nob to turn it on off etc. That has two pipes.... Two assuring no vacuum forms. Would one of those be the breather?

I had a spare pipe when I had the carbs out but for the life of me I cannot place it... but it didn't smell of anything which led me to believe it was airbox related.

open the fuel cap and you will see the bolts that hold the cap to the tank check the inner rim of the cap plate and see if there is a hole there like a bolt is missing that is often the breather hole but like stu said when it cuts out open cap and if you hear a whoosh sound then its creating a vacuum in the tank due to blocked breather ,otherwise drain tank through fuel tap if you have got 2 hoses on it does the tap have on res and pri stamped on it or on off res but either way remove tank drain it and then put fresh new fuel in and see what happens.

I found the hole.. I'll bottle cleaner that this eve and see what comes out. In fact I think I'll just drain and clean the whole thing. But ill wait til it happens again and the fuel is low. Good indicator of proximate cause then.

This slip is doing my head in.. it comes and goes as it fancies.