Another possible problem with the CBR

Dynamo_Delboy

So i topped up my oil this morning on the old CBR600 and noticed on the way 'home' from work that it seems to be blowing white smoke from the exhaust.

I never noticed it on the way to work.

Have i possibly put too much oil in or do i have a bigger problem?

Please say its not gonna cost me a fortune lol

When i checked the dip stick it was sitting just below the lower line (bike was on side stand as no centre stand) so topped it up with the 3/4 of a litre i had left in the bottle.

There is no change in the ride of the bike and all feels well with it just the smoke caught my eye.

Its not thick smoke the leaves a trail down the street but seemed enough for me to notice it.

Bike is still idling fine aswell.

I usually lean the bike against railings to check oil level buf closest thing yesterday was my car lol

Checked it today on level ground and its about 1/2 cm above top level but never had the problem today going to work.

Wee bit white smoke til bike warmed up then clear.

ha I used a pump from a large bottle to do that for my car when mechanic tipped all 5 litres in (nob). white smoke is oil getting past pistons. don't ride it till you've got that excess oil out or you'll damage it.

white smoke is oil getting past pistons. don't ride it till you've got that excess oil out or you'll damage it.

Not necessarily!

It could be getting past the valve stem oil seals or blowing up in to the air box and in through the intake